After reading Cristi's blog today (so funny - check it out!), I was reminded of one of my favorite pasta salads - and why is it my favorite...apple cider vinegar! Carin gave me the recipe years ago and now it's a popular dish around the neighborhood!
Mexican Pasta Salad
12 oz. pkg. bowtie pasta (cooked and drained)
3-4 chicken breasts (cooked and cubed)
1 can black beans (rinsed and drained)
1 can corn (drained)
1 can olives (drained and sliced)
grape tomatoes (I slice those too!)
dressing:
1 pkg. Fiesta Ranch Dip (Hidden Valley)
1/2 cup oil
1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
Mix dressing together and pour over pasta - chill until ready to serve!
yum
OK Cristi - I want you to try it - if your house has to smell like ACV, it might as well be because of something yummy! (I will say, however, Reagan wouldn't come back in the house until it was eaten, the dishes were washed, and their was no smell left - BUT in the pasta's defense - he has never tried it!)
Mexican Pasta Salad12 oz. pkg. bowtie pasta (cooked and drained)
3-4 chicken breasts (cooked and cubed)
1 can black beans (rinsed and drained)
1 can corn (drained)
1 can olives (drained and sliced)
grape tomatoes (I slice those too!)
dressing:
1 pkg. Fiesta Ranch Dip (Hidden Valley)
1/2 cup oil
1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
Mix dressing together and pour over pasta - chill until ready to serve!
yum
OK Cristi - I want you to try it - if your house has to smell like ACV, it might as well be because of something yummy! (I will say, however, Reagan wouldn't come back in the house until it was eaten, the dishes were washed, and their was no smell left - BUT in the pasta's defense - he has never tried it!)






5 comments:
I can vouch for this one - I love this salad - thanks, girls for making it a family favorite.
Brett doesn't like.s this salad. He has an issue with cold corn. He doesn't know what he is missing.
I love this salad! Thank you so much for sharing it with all of us. I have been bummed because the fiesta ranch hasn't been available here...but now they just got it all Walmart. I bought like 10 packages! The dressing is good on lettace salad too--if your a carb counter!
no...it totally sounds great. You're using apple cider as it was MEANT to be used. as an INGREDIENT among many ingredients. NOT by itself, as a beverage. I'm totally making this salad, you had me at "package of ranch"
Yumm...it has been too long since I have eaten this salad!
got this recipe from Lindsay!!!
Post a Comment