Wednesday, June 4, 2008

the itsy bitsy spider...

time: 4 a.m.
scene: Reagan sitting up in bed crying like a little girl (no offence to all you little girls)
me: Reagan, be quiet before you wake up the whole house (who am I kidding - the fire alarm doesn't wake up anybody but me and the BABY!)! What is the matter?
Reagan: I had a nightmare where a spider made another spider who made another spider who made another spider who grew really big and picked up a girl and threw her to where I was hiding and now I am afraid that that is going to happen in my future!
me: (thinking - why were you hiding while the little girl is being attacked - have I taught you nothing? AND right on! it is 4 o'clock in the morning and I already know what my post is going to be today - I doesn't matter that it is pouring rain and we can't go to Lagoon!) Reagan, do spiders get really big and throw girls?
Reagan: no
me: then I don't think that it's going to be your "future". (inside giggle)
Reagan: but, can I sleep with you?
me: will you be quiet? (alright - I might have said "shut-up" - I was tired!)
Reagan: ya (sniffle sniffle)
me: ok (another inside giggle)

post signature

4 comments:

Renee said...

Gotta love those little boys & their wild imaginations! :)

peewee said...

awwww....too cute :) I would be crying like a girl if I had that dream too!! You had me at the first spider who had a spider...Now, I just read this post at 11pm...if I have a spider dream I am going to kill you! and throw you like a spider!!

Saralin said...

According to DREAM CENTRAL'S DREAM DICTIONARY "all spiders except tarantulas are omens of good luck.... The larger the spider the bigger the reward."
Way to go Reagan!

Carin Davis said...

I just read this to Kate and she said, "Is that so funny?" (because I was laughing as I read it to her...)
then she said, "Is that so sad?" trying to teach me manners and empathy for nightmares I think!

You crack me up!
I am sorry about Lagoon-