Today I unfortunately drove Cameron to the dentist.
unfortunately because of the traffic - NO
because of the gas - NO
because of the price of half of a new tooth - NO
unfortunately because of the conversation - it went a little something like this...
C - mom are those gay people still in California?
D - there are gay people everywhere
C - do they get married everywhere?
D - no, but they do in California
C - can girls be gay?
D - yes
C - that is weird because then the girls would have 2 babies and the boys wouldn't have any
D - two girls can't make a baby, it takes a boy and a girl (this is were I went wrong - I should have just agreed!)
C - why does it take a boy?
D - a boy has to give his seed to the
girl for the baby to grow
C - oh
D - (whew - that's over!)
C - does the girl just eat the seed?
D - not exactly
C - does the doctor put it in her belly?
D - no (man - where is Bill - this is his job - that's why we had all boys - that's why I have had all c-sections, so I could say the doctor took the baby out of my belly - I am completely fine with them thinking the belly button is the key to having a baby!) Have you ever heard of sex?
C - ya
D - (WHAT?? your only 10!) Well when a boy and girl have sex...(10 minutes later)
C - gross. (short pause) Why do people put flowers on graves?
D - (yea - I love dead people - lets talk about that!!!)
{I would like to thank the news for their excellent coverage on gay marriages in California, without them I wouldn't have been able to have this dreaded conversation with my boy! In one week Cameron learned what being gay is and what having sex is - and that was at HOME - who knows what he learned at school?!?}






13 comments:
Can I hear more about that "10 minutes" you skipped over???
At school he learned all about the same stuff but with vulgar words and actions thrown in for good measure.
WOW. I was squirming just reading that! In that 10 minutes did you explain how 2 girls can make a baby through artificial insemination and did you tell him about sperm banks? Well, how lucky are YOU!
Oh man...there are no words. Dang, I bet you were thrilled to talk about flowers at graves...hee hee.
I wonder what Cameron is talking about at school today!
I am dying for you...and for me knowing this will be a conversation in my future!!!
My question is: what is Cameron's version of this going to sound like to Reagan? You know they're going to be talking. This story was hilarious. Luckily...I'm just in the "don't pee on the porch" phase with Braden. Good luck with that!
That was my thought. How was he going to tell his friends about this. That was really funny.
How many moms have called you to ask why your son is telling their kids about sex?
I LOVE IT!!! We had this conversation a few years ago with our girls -- it isn't any easier, by the way -- when Oregon tried to pass the same-sex marriage law. There were bumper stickers everywhere that said "one man, one woman" and my girls wanted to know, what else could there be? Thank goodness, Roy believes in telling the truth to his girls (appropriate, condensed truth, of course) and isn't squeamish about any of that sort of stuff -- which is really surprising, given that he grew up in a family of boys and didn't learn about periods til he was in college. PLEASE tell your boys about that before they leave home! Don't let them learn it from co-eds!
Ha...Ha...Too funny!I am so scared of that conversation!
I'm glad my kids aren't old enough for that stuff yet!
Post a Comment