We had dinner at Carin's last night and she was nice enough to invite Wesley to spend the night. He was so excited - he has been anxiously awaiting his first sleep over. All was good until about 11:15 when he called to ask me to come and get him. He was scared and wanted to come home. While I was driving back to Carin's, I was filled with joy. I was so happy to think that their is no other place Wesley would rather be, than with me, in our home. Don't get me wrong, I have done the numbers many times (3 more years until they are all in school, 8.4 years until Cameron goes on a mission, 1 more year until Chase is in preschool and I have 4 hours a week all to myself, 2.11 more years until Reagan can babysit - I think we are going to bypass Cameron on the babysitting...) but, last night I was so content to be exactly where I am. I love having my boys around (I love having the older ones around on weekends and after 3:00 - off track can be a little much!). I realize it won't be long until the last person they want to be with is me and they will do anything to go somewhere else - but for now, it's perfect! So as I cruised the freeway at midnight, belting out the Wicked soundtrack, with my eyes watering (mainly because it was so painful to keep them open - but also, a few tears of joy) I couldn't wait to pick up Wesley and give him a big hug!Thank you Carin for being willing to take him on and for being so sweet to him - sorry to keep you all up so late!
The icing on the cake...when I came to get him, I told him maybe he could try a sleep over again when he was 5! He said he didn't want to do it again until he was 16!!






7 comments:
Tell Wesley that he can sleep over at Carters house. They will have a great time and you won't have to drive so far to pick him up.
That is such a tender moment for you to have! AND what a blessing it is to be content where you are! So often we are busy looking forward or back, but what a sweet moment you had to live & love life in the moment...
:)
Wesley is hilarious!! He is definately you momma's boy!! I love momma boys!! I am glad you are enjoying where they are I keep looking at Britton who turns 13 this month and wondering what happened!
how cute is he!?
it doesn't surprise me at all that they want to be with you. you are an amazing mom (and sister!)!
i hope he chooses my house for sleepover in 11 years!!!!!!
So cute...I love those moments!
Great reminder that maybe I look ahead too much while today passes me by!!!
That is pretty cute. You posts are always so funny. I love the Cameron/babysitting thing LOL!
Post a Comment