If you decided to go on the "no treat pack"
with me ignore this post -
but since MOST of you chose not to participate - enjoy!!

I made these bad boys for a group of friends the other night and
they quickly became known as "death by chocolate" balls.
They are really easy and I hear really yummy!
Oreo Truffles
- 1 pkg. (1lb. 2 oz.) Oreo sandwhich cookies, finely crushed
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) Cream cheese, softened
- 2 pkg. (8 sq. each) Baker's semi-sweet baking chocolate, melted
MIX 3 cups of the cookie crumbs and the cream cheese (if you don't eat any of the oreos ahead of time you can mix all the crumbs and 1 1/2 pkg. cream cheese) until well blended. Refrigerate for about 15 minutes or until it thickens a little. Shape into (aprox. 42) 1 inch balls.
DIP balls in melted chocolate; place on waxed paper-covered baking sheet. Sprinkle with remaining cookie crumbs (OR I sprinkled them with little valentine hearts - cute!)
REFRIGERATE until firm.
I wonder if they might be better dipped in
milk chocolate instead??
Why don't one of you try that out and let me know!!
(that gives you all an excuse to make them!)
I found this recipe at http://www.kraftfoods.com/





4 comments:
These are soooo sinfully yummy! You can also make that exact same thing with "Nutter Butter" cookies...quite the peanut butter ball!
Those look delicious! I don't understand how you can make them and not eat them. I've been trying "no sweets" but it is hard. . . especially when you make cookies for preschool. If it's in my house I eat it. I'm weak!
mmmmm. can't wait to try these!
They are good!!! but do you mind taking that picture off your blog??? I've decided to follow your example (and Carin's) and give up sweets. I can't seem to control just a small amount -- so it's nothing!! Thanks for your example.
Post a Comment