Wednesday, February 13, 2008

a fish back in water


Wesley has been begging to go back to swim lessons - so today he started back up. We were received by a warm hello from past teachers - who all some how remembered Wesley?! Then they couldn't figure out what class he was in. I was a little hesitant with the one that they put him in because the 2 other boys in the class were at least 8 (probably 10) and twice his size. But after seeing one of the kids try to hold the teachers hand when jumping in, I figured he was in the right spot! (Wesley was nicely reminded to wait for the teacher to be watching before jumping in - and then told to get back out and "safety slide" in.) He had a blast - and kept asking me to take pictures! When he was done he wanted to go get an ice cream cone (I think being in a pool confused him into thinking it is summer). When we were in the drive-thru at Sonic (ice cream and the best diet coke w/crushed ice all in one stop) he said, "hurry up with my ice cream mom, I am freezing!"

4 comments:

Tammy Taylor said...

Are you confused? Does he think you guys live in AZ?

Connie Miller said...

Who is cuter than Wesley!!!

Carin Davis said...

look @ those smiles!!!!!!

Annie Miller said...

Yeah Wesley! I won't tell Braden you are already swimming. He will be so jealous. I guess the bathtub will do. We don't get wet around here until it's at least 100 degrees. Too cold! Dede, your pages are looking awesome!