Tuesday, September 2, 2008

prepare to lactate...

My sweet niece Mariana was born today!We were able to go to the hospital hours after she was born! I even got to see her first bath, which I have never even seen with my own kids! Renata was a trooper and couldn't believe how easy it was (compared to what she was fearing it would be - we all know that their is nothing "easy" about it!)! She deserved a good delivery since Mariana was almost a week late!! aren't they sweet? This kid couldn't wait to hold her - until she tooted and then he quickly said "here dad!"! I am sure you would like to know our conversation going into the hospital...
Wesley - how did the baby come out?
Me - it came out of her belly!
W - but how did it come out?
M - the doctor took it out!
W - but where did he take it out?
M - you will have to ask Renata!
Cameron - I think you have a lot more experience with that then she does mom!
M - (shut-up Cameron!) oh look, who wants to push the button on the elevator!
he also couldn't believe that she was born naked... and was totally disgusted by the umbilical cord (this is coming from the boy that chopped a worm into about a 100 pieces today)! back to the sweet little baby...

and her sweet mom!

this is the blanket I made for her - I can't wait to see her all wrapped up in it!

Congratulations Robert and Renata - we are so happy for you!!

16 comments:

Carin Davis said...

OH!!!!!!! she is so BEAUTIFUL!!!!! your pictures are FABULOUS!!!!! and i already told you (even the picture can't do it justice) that is my FAVORTIE blanket that i have ever seen or felt!!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS Robert and Renata!!!!!

Jody said...

What a beautiful baby! And I just love the way you handled the conversation with the boys...I am taking notes on what to prepare for in a few short years. I absolutely love the blanket. My sister-in-law is having a baby girl in November...I will have to get the pattern.

Connie Miller said...

I'm so happy for Renata and Robert. What a beautiful baby! Great pictures, Dede and a superb blog. Cameron's getting pretty savy!

Alicia Cerva said...

I LOVE your pictures! They are AWESOME. You captured a glimpse of heaven!

Annie Miller said...

She's here! So cute. those were great pictures...look like a pros. I LOVE that blanket!

Annie Miller said...

BTW...when Wesley figures out how the baby got out...I'll let him explain it to Braden :)

Saralin said...

What a beautiful baby! Great pictures. My 10 year old doesn't even care about where babies come from.

Melissa said...

Congratulations, Auntie! She is beautiful!

Great pictures and that quilt is beautiful. I'm sure she'll treasure that forever. You are one talented mama!!

Annemarie said...

LOVE the title...cause it's true. That baby is absolutley adorable and the blanket is cute and impressive. You are seriously talented!

Joeinne said...

Gorgeous baby! Almost makes me want another one! I actually had a dream the other night I got pregnant and had a girl. But you and I both know, I'd have another boy! You are getting very good with your photography. I especially love the black and white one of her toward the end. And I love the blanket! You, my friend, are very talented!

Becky Hansen said...

Thanks for all the pictures!! It is so fun seeing a brief moment of her first day. We miss being there, but your pictures make us feel that we are not so far away.

Tammy Taylor said...

Beatiful baby. I love the blanket - almost makes me want to have another one, but no.

Stacy said...

Once again you are queen of the blankets. It turned out really cute. Also you know that one day (really soon) you are going to have to have that conversation....and knowing Bill...I think it is going to come from you.

*J*E*N* said...

ok I NEED that blanket-dede you are amazing-I'll buy one if you decide to sell them!!!!!

Anonymous said...

So, are you starting an Etsy store or what? And who took the gorgeous black and white photo? That's simply precious!

robin said...

absolutely beautiful pictures of your niece, and I love the persistence of little children when you don't give them the answer that they want. I'll be sending my boys next door to you for the birds and the bees talk by the way because I'm absolutely frightened at the prospect of what Brett will teach them! :)