Monday, September 8, 2008

the $tate Fair...

We went to the Utah $tate Fair on $aturday. It wa$ $o much fun! The first thing we did was go look at all the animals! Chase loves animals! The boys were able to pet some of them (as long as it isn't a dog, Wesley will pet it - Reagan is still cautious with all living animals). After that we decided to hit a few rides - the wrist bands for the rides are $25 EACH - we decided that it wasn't worth $100 to let the kids ride carnival rides (especially with a Lagoon Season Passport in my purse) - so we bought 30 tickets and told the boys that they could each ride about 6 rides - until we got to the first ride and realized that each ride was 4 tickets! - you can each ride one, pick wisely!Cameron and Reagan picked the "graviton" (at least that is what it was called in '89 when the worker thought we were cute and let us ride it over and over again without paying and then I went behind it and threw up - now my mouth starts to water (in the bad way) every time I see it!) their favorite carnival ride. It is the ride that spins around and forces you against the walls - I have taught the boys (from the sidelines) that once they are stuck to the wall, they have to turn upside down (which they were able to accomplish last year) and now for the final trick..sit up (yea, they did it!)! That is the best way to feel extra sick when you are done! Wesley and Chase chose the twirly whirly thing - Bill was lucky enough to accompany them (my mouth is starting to water, again - not in the good way, again - sorry Bill!)! They loved it and wanted to do it again - not if you want dinner too! Wesley was the special spoiled one that got to use up the last of the tickets! He couldn't wait to get on the Ferris Wheel - you couldn't see him and Bill once they were in - but that's them! It worked out good for Cameron and Reagan - I sold a pumpkin chocolate chip cookie, which I brought from home, to a worker for 16 tokens and they were able to play a game while they waited (the workers idea, not mine)! Next we were off to the reptile show - I have TONS of awesome pictures of the different reptiles that my photographer son, Wesley, took -but i am going to save that for another post - they have art/photography contest at his school (reflections - the theme this year is "wow" - his pictures totally apply) so stay tuned! But I of course had to post "Nana" here with the snake (don't worry dad, she washed her hands right when she was done!). Don't mess with Nana!Cameron was the only one brave enough in my crew to take on the snake (my boys are such sissies!) Then we raced down the big giant slide! As you can see Wesley and I are in the lead (I am not quite sure why my rocker fingers came out, heat of the moment I guess, rock on!) Bill and Chase got a good bump and went on to win in the end! By the time we were ready for bed Reagan made it down!
Time for a break (I am getting tired again just typing all of this!) - we all had some yummy homemade ice cream - this is about when Wesley realized that "pink" ice cream was strawberry ice cream - he doesn't like strawberry ice cream. That knowledge started the cone trading, in which, wesley got mine and then chase wanted that one so I traded him and then wes thought that one looked better so he traded me again - here is a little quiz for you - which one did I end up with? Don't bother answering - I don't even know! ok - break over...
on to the rodeo - we got their just in time for the BULLS! hee-haw! The kids loved it (although I think Nana enjoyed it even more - she even knew right when to yell "TEQUILA" hmmm?)

I little pony ride before we headed out! one more night picture a group shot (also taken by Wesley!).
And we are done! So to wrap things up...
entrance to the fair $28.00
rides $30.00
dinner $36.00
fun slide $10.00
homemade ice cream $25.00
pony rides $8.00
family memories to last a life time...$137.00 (priceless - I don't think so!)

11 comments:

*J*E*N* said...

I love the picture of all your boys with the ice cream! I can't believe your mom put that thing around her neck-WOW! We went to the San Diego fair in July and I had to go to the ATM (which charged me $5) two times-everything was so expensive and all the booths only took cash but I just had to get the corn dogs, sticky buns and other things I wont mention...

Jason, Tiff and the Kids said...

You mastered the state fair under $150 with 4 active boys. I am impressed!!! Way to go! Your mom is so darn cute and looks terrific!
Tiff

Carin Davis said...

SOOOOOOOOO much fun!!! that slide was perfect!!! I love that you got a picture of all of you on it!!! good times!!!!!

{Le Petit Poulet} said...

Dede you seriously crack me up! I love to lurk on your blog :) I loved seeing how different the fair looks in the daytime....great pics and the slide one is classic!

Annemarie said...

Well, that $ealed it for me. Not $o excited to take the crew now...wa$n't really excited to take them before $eeing thi$ po$t.

We'll be going this week.

I'm excited. Can you tell?

Tammy Taylor said...

You rock Dede! I am not brave enough to take my kids to the fair. I know we would lose a few, maybe on purpose!

Melissa said...

You crack me up...I'm pretty sure that you HAVE to pull out the rocker fingers on a slide like that!

Looks like a fun day, and as always...GREAT pictures. You've got a talent for it!!

Saralin said...

Thanks for posting now I really want to go. Maybe I can talk Brett into going, I would love to get that snake around his neck.

Anonymous said...

Your mom and a snake...picture worth a thousand words! Wish it was dollars, though -- then we could all afford to go again!

robin said...

my favorites are your mom with the snake (I never would have guessed she was so brave) and Wesley with the ice-cream cone... kids expressions are so open and honest!

Connie Miller said...

I had so much fun! When I see the picture of the bull rider, and remember how far away we were, I'm amazed at the clarity and color you got. Great picture. thanks for letting me tag along.