Chase is now a stutterer. All of my boys have stuttered at about this same age. I thought maybe Chase would be the exception because he has been talking in full sentences for awhile now, but no. I don't worry about it, hopefully it will just be a phase - but it does make me think back to Wesley (who had it the worst - or at least dealt with it the worst).
(Wesley at 2)Wesley use to get so angry and frustrated when he was trying to get words out - his hands would tighten into fists and his face would get so red and he would get louder and louder - I would try to follow the rules of not correcting or interrupting him when he was talking, but sometimes I would just say the beginning of the sentence for him so he could finish it. I am hoping that Chases more laid back personality plays a roll - right now it is stinkin cute!
On a totally unrelated subject... when Chase was born he had tongue tie (if you look really close you can see it in this picture).
In very unmedical terms, it is when your tongue is held down, by a piece of skin, to the bottom of your mouth. Hold on - I can't bear to see him so sad...
that's better. Anyways, I decided to have it clipped when he was little, which is why he can stick his tongue out at his brothers now (your welcome Chase). He also (again VERY unmedical) had a piece of skin holding his upper lip to his gums (did you just put your tongue there? me too!). The dentist usually takes care of clipping this, but my dentist said that he never does it until after they are eight (if ever) because usually it will rip at some point. Speaking of points, here is mine...the other day when Wesley and Chase were fighting over a lever (the kind that will turn your penny into a flat penny for 51 cents), Wesley won - Chase was crying and when I picked him up blood started gushing - it ripped - now I always figured Wesley would fix this problem for us, but I didn't congratulate him (out loud - but when you read this many years from now Wes, "thanks! I knew you could do it son!") instead we used it as an object lesson - the object being all the blood - and pulled a few "did you see what you did to your baby brother???!!??" He felt really bad (which was appropriate) and I felt good (which probably wasn't appropriate then, but is now!).





8 comments:
i think little boy stuttering is SO cute! a favorite stage for me as an aunt :) except when they are frustrated of course. LOVE the new pic. of Chase!!!
Dede - you are so funny! This is hysterical. I too think it's cute. Did you notice how short Wesley's hair was at 2?
Isn't it amazing the different stages our kids go through that are the same as their siblings- yet they are all so different!! No wonder motherhood is so confusing!!!
Glad the mouth thing got taken care of for you!
I think stuttering is cute also. Tyalor has a lisppppp because he hasn't had his front teeth for 2 years (poor kid is only five and a half). PLEASE TELL ME how you got your pictures to post so big?? I have been trying to figure this out for a year!!!!!!
Glad the tongue thing worked itself out. I can't imagine Chase getting too worked up over anything.
Oh Man, Dede...you need to write a book. You are hilarious!
AND, I totally put my tongue up to my upper lip... LOL!
Oh I love Chase's baby pictures! How cute it that? Braden stutters just like his cousins. Must run on your side :)
Okay, now I want to see pictures of your other two boys at this age. SO DANG CUTE!! Can you see now why I want arrange a few marriages with your boys?
Post a Comment