Saturday, September 27, 2008

love at home...

I went to the General Relief Society Meeting tonight and felt rejuvenated - ready to do better - to increase my faith - to strengthen my family - to serve the Lord - have better temple attendance - be creative - have compassion - I was ready to go - rather than guilt, I felt motivated!
Then I got home.
Cameron was watching some boring educational documentary - I asked him if he wanted to watch a movie with me. He suggested Dan in Real Life (again). He only wants to watch this movie because I told him he couldn't.
me- you won't even like it
him - why
me - because it is sad - the kids mom is dead and now they have no mom
him - I have seen worse than that!
me - worse than not having a mom?
him - ya!
me - what?
him - remember that movie when the boy looses his only toy?
Ok - I will agree that The Pursuit of Happyness is a sad show, filled with missed opportunities and defeat. When the sweet little boy lost his only toy I am sure a tear or two dripped out BUT hello!!! your mother vs. a toy - come on! I let him finish his documentary while I went a blogging! So much for rejuvenation!

5 comments:

Carin Davis said...

OH if he only knew what life would be like without his mom! Don't you wish they could have an "It's a Wonderful Life" experience???

Connie Miller said...

Just thing -- When he's an athlete - he'll be waiving "Hi-mom" when the TV cameras are on him. I should have gone to conference - I need to get re-energized.

Kim said...

You got to love boys and their sensitivity. The great thing about Cameron is we know he would really miss you the most! I'm glad you enjoyed women's conference wish I could have been there!

robin said...

While you were watching conference I was driving Cozette and kids around on the molecule .... we all have to make sacrifices right??? :P

Anonymous said...

I wish I could have gone with you... I need a rejuvenation from this HEAD COLD! I spent WC plugged into my computer monitor (with headphones) so my kids could watch Balto in the same room. Sometimes, you just can't compete.