Wednesday, September 24, 2008

what do you get when you cross a new mom and a train...

Today, with our chores successfully done, we went to Jumpin Jacks - or as Chase would call it "the bounce house". My kids ran, jumped, sweat, climbed, sweat, tattled, slid and sweated a little more. Needless to say, they had a blast. They had about 6 or 7 different kinds of inflatable things. They also have a very strict rule...EVERYONE MUST WEAR SOCKS (even moms - maybe they don't know that socks don't look very good with flip flops!) So, we actually went to Jumpin Jacks twice today - the first time we didn't get out of the car, just turned back around and went back home to get socks for the 3 out of 5 of us that were missing them. I don't think Wesley ever stopped (except to run over and tattle on his friend for running?). He had a constant flow of sweat coming off of his head (which resulted in him not saying a word the whole way home - he was almost comatose - he ran all the words out of his mouth - ahh) Chase was completely freaked out by all the giant slides (because I proudly raise my kids to be wimps!) and was totally satisfied sitting on this train the whole time (which worked out nicely since it was right by the tables where me and my friends were chatting)! He enjoyed watching all the kids run by while sitting in his cozy blue seat. It was perfect UNTIL (when he was coming over to steal some gum out of my purse)...some idiot first time mom put her little 2 year old in it and then (get this) put 50 cents in it!!! What was she thinking?? 2 year olds don't have to know these things move - the fun is sitting in them and pushing all the pretend buttons that don't light up or play music! After that life wasn't as easy - he was constantly shaking it, pushing the buttons harder and I was forced to lie (for his own good) and say it was broke (we couldn't make this an even semi-regular activity if he wanted me to put 50 cents in that thing every 2 minutes - that would have been $45 today alone!). I gave her dirty looks the rest of the time we were there!So, if your looking for a nice place to poop your kids out - this is your place. It is new, so it is still clean (well, it's clean because it is new and the lady who works there cleans NON STOP - while we were their she pulled out the mop, a vacuum, a few rags and even a squeegee thing to clean all the glass - maybe she was trying to tell us something?) It is a little pricey ($7.99 for the older ones and $3.00 for under 5 - and now that I typed that, I am pretty sure she over charged me? maybe it's not pricey - I just got ripped off! - I am going to have to find my receipt!) BUT they have a good off-track deal - $19.99 per kid for the 3 weeks your off - it will be a fun way to get some exercise in during the winter months!

8 comments:

Renee said...

*Gasp* that new mom...What was she thinking?? :)

Seriously, that is a really cool place. Where is it again? I love that Chase is totally content to just sit in the train. I bet that place is packed in the winter. How do you always find the cool things to do?

Carin Davis said...

wooohooo!!! nothing better than worn out kids!!! TOTALLY worth 7.99!!!!

Connie Miller said...

Looks like Wesley "owned" that place. I love how the other kids look tired and/or lazy and Wesley is wild eyed with fun! You had me in tears laughing over the 50cents.

Bobette said...

Hey, I had lots of fun with you guys! It was Aidan's fault that Wesley was tattling, really. And I only spent like 8 bucks! Yea! Aidan fell asleep at about 8 pm. Let's do it again soon!

Saralin said...

Cindy called today and told me she got coupons at Macey's. Thanks for the fun day.

Annie Miller said...

Keep that place in mind for November! Braden would love it :)

Anonymous said...

Awesome! We need a place like that -- do you think they could franchise? And maybe paint the next one all pink? I agree with Carin -- if anything, I'd say they're UNDER priced. You can't put a price on a day full of fun and a nice, quiet ride home afterwards!

Cristi said...

We've taken the girls to a similar place called Bounceopolis. So fun! I like it-- you had to lie for his own good!