Today I was going to Reagan's class to help out - Wesley desperately wanted to go with me. I informed him that it was only for adults. He said he would be a big helper and I comforted him (I thought), letting him know that I knew he was a great helper but, this was just for moms. About an hour before I needed to go Wesley came to me and said, "mom, I have been a big helper (handed me the scissors), here you go!". What did you "help" me with, I asked?!?? "Follow me" her replies and we walk to Chases room. "I cut up all of Chases binky's so he wouldn't sneak them anymore!"
(Now I realize that Chase is 2 years and 4 months old and that he is plenty big enough to say good bye to this dearest of friends BUT does my his friend help him take a 3-4 hour nap daily? YES! does it help him stay in his bed ALL night? YES! does it stay in a secret pocket of my purse for shopping emergencies? YES! can he talk as well or better than most kids his age? YES! did it need to be brutally destroyed? ____I can't bring myself to answer - in my book this is still debatable!)
Wesley enjoyed this mutation much more than is normal - can you see that wicked grin, eyebrows arching and all - he truly is a villain!
Once all the binkies were beheaded, I grabbed a garbage can and told Chase that he could throw them in the trash! Being the sweet and almost perfect child that he is, he did this while counting them in Spanish.
When he got to about ocho, he started getting a little nervous!
After he finished his grueling task, it was time for bed (adding a little salt to his wound). Usually, in order to give Chase a nap, I a.) put him in his crib b.) hand him is binky and blankie c.) say "I love you" and d.) walk out! Not surprisingly, it didn't quite happen this way today. After putting him in his crib, I told him it was time for bed. He asked, "where is my binky?". I reminded him that it was in the trash. He frantically looked around and said, "my binky is in the bathroom!" "No, it is in the trash." "It is over there" (pointing to the container on his dresser that usually stored them). "No (showing him the now empty container), it is in the trash." I gave him his blankie (which, if Wesley touches with the scissors, he will be for sale!) and told him "night, night" and then went to shut the door.
"WAIT!" he shouted, looking at me like I was a heartless creature (which may be a little true since I was documenting his pain with my camera). I smiled, the best smile I could muster, and went to shut the door - knowing that this was for the best (and if it wasn't I have NO problem giving Wesley all of the blame!). Because he is the sweetest & almost perfect child that he is, right before I walked out, he gave me one of these...
thank you son! He went on to sleep for 3 hours. Can it really be this easy? I am not so naive to think that their will be no more binky requests - but I can hope - and if that doesn't work, I will let him cut Wesley's thumb (which is still being used for comfort) off!
(Now I realize that Chase is 2 years and 4 months old and that he is plenty big enough to say good bye to this dearest of friends BUT does
Wesley enjoyed this mutation much more than is normal - can you see that wicked grin, eyebrows arching and all - he truly is a villain!
Once all the binkies were beheaded, I grabbed a garbage can and told Chase that he could throw them in the trash! Being the sweet and almost perfect child that he is, he did this while counting them in Spanish.
When he got to about ocho, he started getting a little nervous!
After he finished his grueling task, it was time for bed (adding a little salt to his wound). Usually, in order to give Chase a nap, I a.) put him in his crib b.) hand him is binky and blankie c.) say "I love you" and d.) walk out! Not surprisingly, it didn't quite happen this way today. After putting him in his crib, I told him it was time for bed. He asked, "where is my binky?". I reminded him that it was in the trash. He frantically looked around and said, "my binky is in the bathroom!" "No, it is in the trash." "It is over there" (pointing to the container on his dresser that usually stored them). "No (showing him the now empty container), it is in the trash." I gave him his blankie (which, if Wesley touches with the scissors, he will be for sale!) and told him "night, night" and then went to shut the door.
"WAIT!" he shouted, looking at me like I was a heartless creature (which may be a little true since I was documenting his pain with my camera). I smiled, the best smile I could muster, and went to shut the door - knowing that this was for the best (and if it wasn't I have NO problem giving Wesley all of the blame!). Because he is the sweetest & almost perfect child that he is, right before I walked out, he gave me one of these...
thank you son! He went on to sleep for 3 hours. Can it really be this easy? I am not so naive to think that their will be no more binky requests - but I can hope - and if that doesn't work, I will let him cut Wesley's thumb (which is still being used for comfort) off!





11 comments:
HILARIOUS! Megan cut off her own Binki's when she was three. It actually worked quite well! Hope it continues to work for you too! Good luck!
Someday you might thank Wesley for being such a "big helper". In the mean time your sleepless nights will be a good time to catch up on your reading.
COLD TURKEY??!! What a brave mother! I'm proud of you -- even if I think you were a little masochistic taking pictures of the poor little guy during the trauma --but he seems to have dealt with it pretty well! You need to add an update tomorrow on how tonight goes, though...then Wesley might be sorry!
HAHAHHAHAHHAHA. I practically choked when I saw the cut binkies! that is THE FUNNIEST BLOGE EVER!!!! And then the one with chase holding it!!! AHAHAHHA. God, I love your household.
I am laughing and moved to compassion all at the same time! I hope Wesley gets to keep his thumb!!! :)
I thought your were going to say that Wesley cut Chase's curly locks! Compared to that - binkies are tame. Chase is such a trouper. Loved the post.
I thought your were going to say that Wesley cut Chase's curly locks! Compared to that - binkies are tame. Chase is such a trouper. Loved the post.
This is too funny! Awesome pictures. You really need to think about that book.
This is too funny! Awesome pictures. You really need to think about that book.
That was so Hilarious. I was laughing so hard. Thank you for the good laugh that I needed today.
That is how I got rid of Isabelle's bink. I was doing hair and she was torturing me so I just cut it off and let her throw it in the trash. She really only got upset that day and it was a piece of cake! I think it is harder for us moms anyway! He is SO cute!
Post a Comment