Saturday, September 27, 2008

boy oh "boys"...

Last night we had a little shin dig over here with some people from church. The "boys" arranged and prepared (I use this word loosely) the party - and it turned out great! The "boys" also brought the tables and chairs and set them up in the backyard and claimed it "ready to go". Being married to one of the boys in charge (read as: hostess) I couldn't bear to have uncovered tables so me and MY boys (they will be the perfect host when their day comes!) covered all the tables brightly and put different jars filled with different candy on each table. Once we relocated the skittle jar that Wesley was suppose to take out, it turned out cute cool (as soon as the wind died down enough to not blow the table clothes every which way) and was plenty manly (and well received, most jars ended the night empty). The big boys played on the trikes, wagons and baby swings! (maybe it is time to upgrade) and the little kids played with the drinking fountain, candy jars and the grills! The adults were able to eat, relax and enjoy a beautiful night! And I must give props to the "boys" - the night went off without a hitch - the food was yummy and plentiful - the company was fun and entertaining - they did great (maybe you don't have to plan and be detailed to throw a great party - I am going to believe it was just luck!)
And what would a post be on this blog without adorable, sweet, dirty little boys...oohhhh ahhhhh you gotta just love little boys!

10 comments:

Rachel said...

The candy jars & colored tablecloths were the perfect touch- so pretty! And those little boy pics are too cute- we don't see many of those around here!

Annie Miller said...

So glad it turned out so well. That candy looks so yummy!

Connie Miller said...

I know there must have been cute little girls there, but your camera just turns to those adorable boys. Oh yeah, there was one cute sweetheart at the water fountain. Glad it was so fun.

peewee said...

ummmm, so are there like, any more filled candy jars left? And ummm, will they be the centerpiece for say., tomorrow night?

Jillyan said...

It was a lot of fun! Thanks again for having us. And thanks for sending me the adorable pictures of my boys! I love them! And I don't mind at all that you put the picture of Wesley on here. He looks so sweet and innocent.

Carin Davis said...

how did the lawn and weeds look!?
can't wait to see the new yard restoration!!!

looks like a fun party! i am crashing the next one!!!

Saralin said...

Everyone I have talked to said it was a great party. I can't wait to see what you do next.

Renee said...

I'm so glad it turned out well. Thanks for stopping for 10 minutes to get the books with me!

LOVE the candy jar idea...I'm totally going to steal that! :)

Kim said...

I had a great time. Thanks for adding Connors cute picture. And for the digitally enhanced version visit my blog!! By the way thanks for staying up so late with me too!

robin said...

I don't see my yard so it must not have been necessary...hope all went well!!! :P