Tuesday, September 16, 2008

old McDonald had a farm and a happy meal...

Today Chase and I went to Wheeler Farm. We had so much fun together, just me and him. We would walk around a look at the animals and then take a break on the bench, where he would happily pose for pictures. then we would contemplate life then relax a little more then we went and got an ice cream sandwich, to cool off a bit then a popsicle, it was hot then we went and fed the ducks he couldn't have been happier - until... we ran into these hooligans!
How did they manage to get their chores done on time? Oh, because we drew chores again, they even fought over the extra one (suckers!). We had a great time, all brothers included, at the farm today. We went on a tour through the old house and luckily everyone was very well behaved (didn't want to have to replace anything in there). We saw and said "hi" to all sorts of farm animals (these are my boys - not the animals - although, I can see where you could get confused!) We fed the ducks (all the bread that Chase and Wesley didn't eat) plus some more food that Cameron was nice enough to buy for everyone! They climbed big old trees (well some of them did - some of them could baRely takE this picture without freAkinG out - I won't nAme Names!) and we took a few hundred pictures (they thought I was just a really cool mom taking them on another adventure - but I, of course, had a hidden agenda - usually do!) maybe I should of made Cameron brush his hair this morning (focus on his beautiful eyes instead!)


no one tries harder than Reagan to take a good picture - we have laughed at his fake smile so many times - which had led to hours of practicing in the mirror to produce this grin(?) he even has to make a fake laughing sound while he is doing it!
I think he might be on his way to flipping me off here - no, not Reagan - Cameron? definitely!

ahh, what can I say about this kid (besides, I am glad I don't have three! and he melts my heart!)

They were so good today that I let them go to McDonald's (who btw, Carin, has the madame alexander dolls again) on the way home! Thanks for making it through the bombardment of pictures - I couldn't narrow them down - they are just so darn cute!

14 comments:

Tammy Taylor said...

Wow-I'm first? This is a first! The pictures are great and you are such a good mom! I don't think I would have the patience.

Carin Davis said...

Those nephews of mine behaved well in front of the camera today!!!!!!! Woooohoooo!!!!! I love them all!!!!

Thank you for the heads up on the dolls!!!!!!

Alicia Cerva said...

Cute pictures! I was thinking of taking my kids there this week too. I looks like a great place for fun, and the "hidden agenda"!

Anonymous said...

Good picture story!

Dad (Bob)

Connie Miller said...

You tricked me there in the beginning -- forgetting that the older 3 were off-track. What a fun day! Great pictures of one and all. Loved this blog.

*J*E*N* said...

You're such a cute and clever boy mom. Your pictures are really getting good Dede!!!!

Renee said...

Your boys are so handsome! I love all the pictures, too. You do a great job...AND you do creative things with them. My pictures just sit on my hard drive because I don't know what to do with them...sad, huh?

Renee said...

I think I'm going to ask for Photoshop Elements for Christmas!

Annie Miller said...

These pics are amazing! Great post. loved R.R. reference!

robin said...

I'm excited to go to Wheeler Farm on Saturday for Marcus' school activity. I'll be sure to bring some extra bread to feed the ducks. Great pics! I'll keep my eyes open for the truck.

Jody said...

You are really amazing...I love all of your pictures! I was planning to take Braxton to Wheeler Farm this past Saturday, but was unable to. Now I know I MUST take him this weekend. Thanks for sharing all the great pictures and stories!

Anonymous said...

Bombard away! I love these pictures! Looks like your big sister is rubbing off on you very well...

(BTW, are any of these handsome dudes spoken for? Like in ten or twenty years? I would love to have freckled grandchildren!)

Kim said...

seriously!! Your pictures are getting incredible!! Just call me jealous!

Carli said...

your such a fun mom. your boys are all so cute! Loved all the pictures!:)