I would earn the "bad mom of the day" award!
Last Wednesday was pack meeting - it was a different pack meeting in the sense that it was earlier, on a different day, and they were having a bike rodeo. I was running behind so I asked my sweet neighbor Robin (thanks Robin) if the boys could ride their bikes with her over to the church (so Bill could stay home with the sleeping baby and the naughty brother). She agreed, all is well. When I finally arrived at the church (about 15 minutes before it was over) I discovered that it was a different pack meeting for another reason as well -
Cameron earned his Webelos
(while I was driving down the freeway and Bill wasrocking out on his guitar watching kids)! As soon as I figured out what I had missed, I ran (alright, walked) up to Cameron to apologize. He graciously replied, "it's ok, Robin was here" - (what? am I that easily replaceable??)! Usually, when they receive their award, they bring their mom up with them to hug - he hugged his scout leader (ok, I'm replaceable - I get it!). In my defense (you knew that was coming, didn't you? I will always do my best to make myself sound better - maybe I should've been a politician) I didn't think he had finished all of his requirements, I thought he still had one more to finish. I thought this because we (as in him and me) were working on one this week and it isn't done yet (he probably figured out a way to get all the awards without doing all the work - maybe he should be the politician)!
He was also the (proud) lead in the skit...The Ugliest Man in the World!
It went a little something like this - the scouts would look under the towel to see the ugliest man (Cameron) and then run away (and die - he was that ugly). Then their leader asked for a brave volunteer from the audience to look at the ugly man.
When the brave (sucker) looked, Cameron ran away and died! hee hee, their is nothing funnier than a scout skit! and from the pictures (and hearsay) Cameron is quite the actor! bravo!
Next (right about when I was getting off the freeway) was the bike rodeo (note my scout here - he doesn't have his scout shirt on - that I reminded him to put on 15 minutes before he left - because he "forgot", but he did manage to rummage through all the winter stuff to find these mismatched gloves!) they had a police officer their to check their bikes and helmets and then they went through an obstacle course.
On the walk home, Reagan (who you can also note, is appropriately attired) told me he was terrified of this (I think he has inherited my guilt factor - anytime I am around a cop or bishop or teacher etc. I feel nervous and guilty - not quite sure why, hmmm?). He said, "I went to the back of the line so I could watch everyone else. When it was my turn, I could feel my heart beating in my chest!". He is so cute - I hope he will always feel comfortable enough to tell me his silly (and that was silly) fears (it might help if he doesn't read this blog!)!
(thanks again Robin for the transporting and pictures of my kids)
bad mom signing off (no defense)
Last Wednesday was pack meeting - it was a different pack meeting in the sense that it was earlier, on a different day, and they were having a bike rodeo. I was running behind so I asked my sweet neighbor Robin (thanks Robin) if the boys could ride their bikes with her over to the church (so Bill could stay home with the sleeping baby and the naughty brother). She agreed, all is well. When I finally arrived at the church (about 15 minutes before it was over) I discovered that it was a different pack meeting for another reason as well -
Cameron earned his Webelos
(while I was driving down the freeway and Bill was
He was also the (proud) lead in the skit...The Ugliest Man in the World!It went a little something like this - the scouts would look under the towel to see the ugliest man (Cameron) and then run away (and die - he was that ugly). Then their leader asked for a brave volunteer from the audience to look at the ugly man.
When the brave (sucker) looked, Cameron ran away and died! hee hee, their is nothing funnier than a scout skit! and from the pictures (and hearsay) Cameron is quite the actor! bravo!
Next (right about when I was getting off the freeway) was the bike rodeo (note my scout here - he doesn't have his scout shirt on - that I reminded him to put on 15 minutes before he left - because he "forgot", but he did manage to rummage through all the winter stuff to find these mismatched gloves!) they had a police officer their to check their bikes and helmets and then they went through an obstacle course.
On the walk home, Reagan (who you can also note, is appropriately attired) told me he was terrified of this (I think he has inherited my guilt factor - anytime I am around a cop or bishop or teacher etc. I feel nervous and guilty - not quite sure why, hmmm?). He said, "I went to the back of the line so I could watch everyone else. When it was my turn, I could feel my heart beating in my chest!". He is so cute - I hope he will always feel comfortable enough to tell me his silly (and that was silly) fears (it might help if he doesn't read this blog!)!(thanks again Robin for the transporting and pictures of my kids)
bad mom signing off (no defense)





7 comments:
You're the BEST mom!!! Think of all the working women who can't attend their kids events. Way to go Cameron -- but he still has to finish the work on the badge. Reagan is such a great guy!!!
Nothing like Cub Scouts to make you feel a little guilty! ;)
You are fabulous and your boys are so handsome...nice job!
Way to go Cameron! I will help you (dede) make it to his Arrow of Light ceremony.
Let's not forget that the month before you took the pictures for me as my son got his wolf badge!
Oh my, Scout skits & cheers are so funny...weird in a boy way, but funny.
Love your posts... & way to go Cameron! :)
We can start a club for "Moms Who Miss Rank Advancement!" Been there,Done That...I missed Taylor's rank to Life and let's not forget being very late to his Eagle Court of Honor. I was stuck on a closed freeway! The scout store has a ribbon to wear to place the massive amounts of pins you will receive. One side is for cub scouts and other is for boy scouts. I have one for each son. It's still hanging on the coat rack. I love the stories and the creative activities you do with them! Keep it up...
Dede I think you win super mom of the year and I was just doing my part to help after all... you got up early the other week to chase after my boys for the better part of a day while I got my citizenship. It was the least I could do!
Post a Comment