Since today is grandparents day I had each of the kids draw a grandparent out of a hat - well they didn't actually draw the grandparent out, just their name - and it wasn't actually out of a hat but rather out of my had - anyway...once they got their grandparent they had got to write them a letter. So, from oldest to youngest (kids, not grandparents)...
"I love you grandma. Your one of the greatest in the world! I love you so much!!!!!! Love, Cameron" "I love you Nana and you are very sweat (I am sure he meant "sweet", but who am I to judge) and very jentel (that would be gentle). Chase rwote (any one want to be Reagan's spelling tutor?) to papa. from Reagan"
"Dear Grandpa, Thanks for hugging my dad. Thanks for playing with me. Thanks for coming over. Thanks for playing with me in my tree house (no, we don't have a tree house, which I mentioned to him. He doesn't agree) I can't wait to see you again. I like to play with you so we can be friends. Hope you have a good day. See you later, alligator! Love, Wesley"
(Chase couldn't come up with any sentences, so he just answered questions...)
"Do you love Papa? ummmm. YA!!
Do you like to play with Papa? and Nana!
Are you so cute? No, I'm Chase! (I know - it isn't about him - back to Papa!)
Do you like Papa noodles? I want Papa noodles!
Do you want to see Papa? I want to go to Papa's house, feed ducks!
Do you love Papa? love papa!"
We couldn't have asked for any better! Love you all!





8 comments:
Such a cute idea! How nice that the numbers matched...
BTW-always glad to help out! :)
So cute. How did I manage to miss this holiday?
How sweet. What a great way to honor the grandparents.
And, btw, it's ALWAYS about the baby of the family. It would just be wrong to be any other way!!
I don't think we make a big enough deal about this holiday. Mothers, Fathers, and even Groundhogs get a lot of hype -- we need to pay more attention to the real reason we all survived our childhood -- Grandparents!
Give your folks a hug for me, next time you see them. Happy Day!
Thanks kids - our life wouldn't be the same without all of our grandchildren. We love you all!!!!
What a great post. We spent the afternoon with my parents and I didn't even wish them a happy grandparents day. No wonder they like their grandkids more than their kids.
this post answered a lot of questions for me- most especially,
why you are mom and dad's FAVORITE- I had my suspicions before- but now I know. I, like some of my fellow commenters, did not remember grandparents day (I have no excuse, I used to work for Hallmark!).
You however couldn't be a favorite sister when you don't remind me of things like this! just saying....
xo
Carin -
I didn't even know it was Grandparents Day!
Post a Comment