Monday, September 15, 2008

guess what...

we are off track again - I know - weren't we just off? - apparently not! We actually were off last week too, but our big activities for the week were cleaning house and cleaning it again - and yet again! So today I told the kids if the WHOLE house was clean by 10:30 we could go have some fun! I let them draw assignments - they each got 2 (including Chase) and I got the kitchen and dining room (yuck!)! They loved this concept! Whoever finished first got to help Chase clean (but not do it for him - we don't need another Wesley!) - that of course was Reagan (who is a GREAT teacher!). When everyone was finished we went to each room and one person told whoever it was that cleaned that room, something good about it - then someone else said something that could still be done - then we quickly did that thing. We were done by 10:25 and they were excited to go. They also asked if we could clean that way again tomorrow - yea! (I love parenting moments like this - they don't happen very often, which makes it extra special when they do!) We went to the "biggest park in Utah" park (we have names for all of the parks - like the park that the sprinklers went off when I was changing Cameron's diaper on the bridge 9 years ago and we got really wet is still called the "sprinkler park"). This park is perfect when nobody else is there. Their are all sorts of places where you can't see your children, which is fun for them, but makes it scary if it is crowded. When we got their it was us and a Grandma with a few kids - perfect.We didn't even have to wait for the tire swing! Ahh- I just love it when the boys are so nice and protective (it is amazing that it is these same boys that will be mean and fighting at some point before they day is out - but lets go back to the ahh - ahhhh!). Remember how I said it is the perfect empty park - well about 45 minutes after we got there, a bus full of kids showed up and we left! We picked up some lunch at Village Baker (can't all be about them - although, Village Baker is not the type of place you bring all of your kids - people give you a look like "you shouldn't eat if you have four children" which kinda got me flustered - that and the fact that Chase decided he would cry the whole time we were there, which caused his already runny nose to run even more and Wesley was growling (once again) at a cute little Grandma (who said she didn't care, she knew kids, she had 7) - the good thing about being flustered however, was I forgot to buy them out of their day old cinnamon rolls (next time) - this is kind of taking away from my good parenting moment at the beginning of this post, so we will move on! After lunch we went to another park - the "little tykes" park. We haven't been to this park in awhile, and the kids still wanted to ride their scooters, so it was perfect (once again!). Cameron spent the whole entire time hanging. He did the monkey bars and the rings and other things that he wasn't suppose to be hanging on. It was effortless for him, his face didn't even get red. This kid is strong, or the fact that he weighs next to nothing might have something to do with it, either way, he would kick butt at a game of hot lava! Reagan spent a good deal of his time helping Chase get around - he is such a good big brother! (which kinda makes it so their isn't much to say...he was good and nice blah blah blah - it is more entertaining to write about his not so good and nice siblings - which is wrong, but true!)Speaking of wrong, Wesley, like Cameron, was "hanging" out a lot. Although he would quickly realize that he couldn't get to the other side, and at the same time, realize he was more feet than he preferred from the ground. "MOM, I AM ABOUT TO FALL!!!!", was shouted on more than one occasion - more then 10 occasions wouldn't be an exaggeration. This was Wesley hanging at the first park - he couldn't do it there either! Chase (at the first park) reverted to his old ways (read as: the I didn't walk until I was 2 "ways") when he was in the houses/castles/forts and crawled up and down all the stairs! He made it down! (again - cute, sweet, blah, blah)
Good times ! Now I will feel no guilt in ignoring them until tonight!

12 comments:

Carin Davis said...

I need to visit the "biggest park in Utah!" Looks like so much fun, when as you say, it is empty. And then we can go to Village Baker!!!!!!!

I am glad you had so much fun...and I am going to have to try out the cleaning/parenting tip!!!!

XOXO

Carin Davis said...

BTW.....
I LOVE that first picture of your boys on the tire swing!!!!!!! LOVE IT!!!!

Connie Miller said...

Where is "the biggest park in Utah"? Sounds like a terrific day - and you got to come home to a "clean" house. I love how you have someone else tell what else might be done! Very clever -- love the pictures!

Jody said...

I love your pictures, especially the one of all the boys on the tire swing. My nieces also love this park...they call it the "castle park." Enjoy the off-track time...I can't wait for mine!!

Tammy Taylor said...

I'm going to have to try that cleaning tip! Mine would rather I did everything.

peewee said...

that last pic is priceless :) soooo cute. ummm, village baker? where is this? why have i never heard of it?

robin said...

you are too nice to take your kids somewhere during off-track time... me... I take them to Kids Club and then make them do homework in the afternoon. oh wait... I guess we are going to Lake Powell next week so we are doing something for off-track. never mind... I'm not such a horrible mom after all.

Anonymous said...

So fun -- and congrats on discovering a parenting secret! I love it when those work!

Rachel said...

Those park pictures are so fun! And GREAT parenting technique for cleaning. I'll have to try that with my girls.

Renee said...

I'm totally trying that cleaning tip with my family!

I agree, that tire swing picture is awesome!

Love your blog layout, BTW! And you crack me up in your posts!

Annie Miller said...

THIS IS THE PARK!! I always see posts about this place and nobody knows where it is--so fess up! Great pictures btw...

dede said...

thanks for all the comments - I LOVE COMMENTS - the park is in West Jordan behind city hall and Village Baker is close by (about 90th and Redwood)