I have been feeling the pressure - everyone else my age is doing it, he says - well, if everyone else was jumping off a cliff - who am I kidding - he would be the leader! So, I gave in and let Cameron do some of the mowing - after all, this will benefit me SOMEDAY.
We started in the backyard, where no one will see, and I went around 2 times and made a "box" for him to mow around. He didn't have the strength to start the mower, which is a good thing, so I got it started and he said he was done about 10 minutes later.
Weird, I thought, it takes me about 45-60 minutes to mow the back yard - then I saw his strategy.
He figured if you mow each row about 6 inches apart, you can get done faster. I told him that I would fix the part he missed (because of course he couldn't see it) and he could finish the weeding (oh - now he can see it!). Needless to say, he will continue backyard mowing for awhile!
We started in the backyard, where no one will see, and I went around 2 times and made a "box" for him to mow around. He didn't have the strength to start the mower, which is a good thing, so I got it started and he said he was done about 10 minutes later.Weird, I thought, it takes me about 45-60 minutes to mow the back yard - then I saw his strategy.
He figured if you mow each row about 6 inches apart, you can get done faster. I told him that I would fix the part he missed (because of course he couldn't see it) and he could finish the weeding (oh - now he can see it!). Needless to say, he will continue backyard mowing for awhile!





3 comments:
Let him go to it. The sooner he can mow the lawn the sooner he can do the laundry!!! Think of the possibilities!!
GOod job - it's hard letting kids do things at first cause they can't possibly do it as well. But it's surely worth it.
That's what I used to do to get out of mowing the lawn--my brother too! Don't fall for it :)
Post a Comment