Friday, May 30, 2008

kid for sale...

he is sweet, sincere and brutally honest! For the purpose of this post and to protect the above mentioned, we will call him "Ronald".
Today we went to the zoo with Carin and the girls. While we were
there we were explaining to the older kids that we use to take a
picture of them in front of their favorite animal when they were little. Cameron was always in front of the elephant, "Ronald" in front of the giraffe and Ellie in front of the zebra. Wesley wanted to know what animal he would be in front of, to which I jokingly replied, "the monkey, because that is what you act like!". It was at this point "Ronald" said, "I know what
animal you would be mom."
me: what
"Ronald": a panda bear
me: why
"Ronald": because you eat your food fast and a panda eats their food fast, you are mean sometimes and a panda is mean sometimes, but your both nice most of the time, and, well...
you know.
At this point I will fill all of you in on something - "Ronald" (and his brothers) have been told that they are NEVER under any circumstance aloud to tell someone that they are fat, no matter if they are pregnant, if they are the biggest person they have ever seen, or even if they look like a panda bear. I think "Ronald" is working his way around this rule!

"Ronald" in 2002

"Ronald" today
Sorry, I couldn't locate a panda for the sake of comparison!

post signature

10 comments:

Carin Davis said...

oh! we had so much fun!!!! thanks for the fun day! if eating fast and having a mean streak make me a panda- i am right there with you!

i promise not disclose "Ronald's" identity ;)

Bobette said...

Can I take Chase? Is he for sale? Did you get the green crayon out of your cute white shirt? Love your pictures!

Saralin said...

That is so funny. I have a "Ronald" living at my house too.

Annie Miller said...

I told my mom she was as big as the hippo at Hogle when I was younger and she's never let me forget it (of course I don't remember any of this). Ask "Ronald" what animal I would be if I can't eat fast but I can eat a lot???? Maybe I'm more like my mom than I thought. Hippo anyone???

Connie Miller said...

It's a family trait - eating fast (possible exceptions - Annie and Bob) I thought it's just because we enjoy our food so much ... Glad you all had a fun day.

Jodi said...

I too have a Ronald at my house. She told me that I was getting bigger every day. Isnt she so cute. Funny blog

Tammy Taylor said...

How about a trade? My "Ronald" for yours? Although it changes every minute which one that would be!

Racheal said...

Ha...Ha...!Don't you love those "lovley compliments"!I'm scared to ask what animal my kids think I am!Very cute pics!

Kim said...

You gotta love children- because I hear it is against the law to shoot them!

peewee said...

you kids kill me. It's like when my friend's little boy said to me "how come Jesus made you fat? it's okay, it's not your fault, it's Jesus'es fault"

cute.