Friday, May 16, 2008

recycle, reuse, REWARD...

before & afterMy neighbor and I "traded" armoires (the purpose of the trade was for her to be able to get one down her tight fitting stairs - which didn't work - but she gave me hers anyways - I will say that mine does look lovely in her garage - thanks robin!) I have liked this armoire since I first laid eyes on it 8 years ago and although it was already pretty - I thought black would look better in my house - so I have been sanding and painting and this is the result!
I am trying to decide whether to rough it up a bit (with sandpaper NOT children) or keep it how it is - what do you think??

post signature

10 comments:

Annie Miller said...

LOVE IT! Go Martha!!! Love the new look. It probably took you 20 like minutes too. It would take me three weeks. BTW...I'm the orange coffee cheesecake. No wonder Mike likes me :)

peewee said...

it looks amazing. rough it up though...that'll be really cool. You have the best way of making old stuff look SO cute. So, I want that letter holder thingie on your wall back :) JK. You are WAY improved from that one cabinet in our old bedroom. remember?

Cristi said...

Hmmm. I really like the way it looks now. But it looks like you could rough it up and it would go well with your decor. It just depends on the look you want I guess. More sleek or more country-ish. But what do I know!? :)

Bobette said...

I love it! I do like it just the way it is. I love the "distressed" look but I love it just the way it is.

Carin Davis said...

It is gorgeous! I love that it is black, more narrow & completely enclosed! Great job!

Alicia Cerva said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Alicia Cerva said...

Great Job! I think it looks great the way it is - just my style I guess. I'm sure the kids will rough it up a little eventually!

Connie Miller said...

I love it - and also like it the way it is. You're so talented. Also, I think it gives the room a larger look.

Saralin said...

i really like the knobs! i think you should distress it a bit now so you don't notice it when the kids "distress" it.

*J*E*N* said...

oooohhhh!!!!! I have been considering painting my wood armoire and dressers black for years, you've refreshed my desire-looks great!!!!!