do these make you cough - I can't eat an otter pop without having some sort of coughing attack - so today I thought I would play Doctor Dede and figure this mystery out once and for all - I came up with NOTHING!! Am I the only one who coughs while chomping down this sweet treat??? There has to be some scientific explanation - let's experiment - search your freezer for a little otter - break it in half (that's a little trick that Julie taught me - you don't even need scissors or good teeth) and give it a few sucks - did you cough?? - if not try a red or green one - they seem to be more cough inducing - anything??I did manage to figure out another coughing mystery during my search - does anyone cough while cleaning out the ears??? Bill and I both cough anytime a q-tip goes near are right ear - this time their is an explanation... "If you are coughing while cleaning out your ears, it means that you are going in so deep that you reach the very sensitive boney part of the canal that is filled with nerve points. One of the purposes of the facial nerve is sensory function in both the earcanal and the back of the throat. This is the reason why you cough, the stimulation of the that very sensitive area in the earcanal causes a cough reflex as it shares the same nerve." She also went on to say, that if you are coughing you are doing it wrong - maybe I am eating otter pops wrong as well - hmmm???






8 comments:
Oh yes, yes I cough while eating an otter pop. I don't know why, and am impressed "detective dede" that you went to the trouble to try and find out! The q-tip thing I don't have a problem with...I'm just trying to clean my ears, not rupture an ear drum!!! :)
Yes, There is not a time that I don't cough while eating an otter pop! Let me know if you find out the answer. Did your birthday box from target arrive?
Becky
hmmmmmm...
glad to know about the q-tip thing-
i am a q-tip+ear=cough kind of person!
So I'm guessing that the q-tip+ear=cough thing is a Miller family curse since Carin has it too?? I love a good ear cleaning but never cough while doing it!
Yes, I cough when I eat Otter Pops, especially green ones. Weird!
OMG...the BLUE ones basically make me hack up a lung. And they're SO GOOD. Such a dilemna.
Too funny...you are still at the top of the list when you google the question about otter pops...I just had to check! :)
I came across your page while doing a search to confirm something my allergist told me the other day. He said that the Green Otter Pops cause most people to cough for about a minute, and then it goes away and is totally harmless. Apparently this is known in the medical/allergy field, and no one knows why it is only Otter Pops and mostly the green ones!
Post a Comment