I love playing games and my house is too messy to have a "game night" so, rather than clean, I thought we should all play a
"blog game". Lets call this one...
Movie Buffs R Us
here are the rules - I will put a quote from a movie - if you know what movie it is from you put the name of the movie and then a different movie quote - you are aloud to play as many times as you want (play lots - it will be fun!!) but can't answer your own quote (obviously)! I would love to offer a prize to the winner, but I am not one of those fancy shmancy blogs that rake in lots of dough or Ellen - so lets just say that if you are the winner and are local - I will make you a yummy treat - if you are one of my long distance buddies, I will make a treat (in honor of you) and then eat it myself (while thinking of you - of course)!
OK - let the games begin...
V: Questions?
B: Yeah, I've got a question. Does Barry Manilow know that you raid his wardrobe?
V: I'll give you the answer to that question, Mr. "B", next Saturday. Don't mess with the bull young man, you'll get the horns.






80 comments:
Breakfast Club
"I didn't earn this position by letting some snot-nosed kid leave my cheese out in the wind."
This will be fun to watch!
Oh MY HECK! DEDE! My blog looks SOOOOOO GOOD! That is the best one yet. I can't stop laughing when the bert and ernie come up! You're the best!
movie quote...
"Are there any other Mexican Americans with us here today? Well, Buenos DIAS!"
Duh- Breakfast Club. Will you just do some cute vinyl things for me instead?
I pick Mike or Annie as winners! Maybe Christi K - I'm out of this one.
Yea annemarie - bobette and cristi YOUR NOT PLAYING RIGHT!! You have to answer the quote in the comment above yours and THEN put a new quote!! So - to answer Annemarie - Ferris Bueller (love that movie) and now a new quote...
person 1: I insist you stay on for lunch.
person 2: No, no, no, no ...absolutely...
person 3: Love to! Love the bag, love the shoes, love everything. Love to!
Dede's is My Best Friends Wedding! Here is my quote- can you guess it?
"This isn't flying. This is falling with style!"
Mike Miller answers Kim:
" Toy Story"
"I'm taking a VACATION--a vacation from my PROBLEMS!"
What about Bob?
"Whas a happenin' a hot stuff?"
I want the treat.
"sixteen candles"
"OK so Michael Jackson didnt come over to use the bathroom.....but his sister did"
Goonies!!!
I can't believe I know one!!!
"This is one doodle that can't be undid."
(Michel helped me with this one!)
Carin and Annie both posted around the same time - so I will answer both (and give you both credit!!)
Annie - ghostbusters (good one)
Carin - juno (did you see that?)
OK - here is a hard one...
W: Do you like apples?
C: Yeah.
W: Well, I got her number. How do you like them apples?
Good Will Hunting
oops...forgot to leave a quote
V: You're late.
E: You're stunning!
V: You're forgiven
"pretty women"
"the plaque for the alternates is in the ladies room"
Top Gun
"Destiny is something we've invented because we can't stand the fact that everything that happens is accidental"
My competitive nature is seeping through...& it isn't pretty
your fast annemarie
Sleepless in Seatle
"I mean, he went from totally geek, to totally chic!"
"cant buy me love"
"oh im sorry did my pin get in the way of your a**."
quit qoogleing your answers people.
zoolander
"are you coming? see, how it works is, the train moves, not the station."
keep on sleeping chase, I am on a roll!
that would be John Lovitz in:
"a league of their own"
"i very little. you cheat very big"
Zoolander
Who's googling?? Google asks me when they need answers...I'm a pop-culture genius
"I think you will find me a slasher...of prices"
Indiana Jones & the Temple of doom
My kids are all gone...keep 'em coming
I don't know why that put annonymous...it was me
ah a worthy opponent
"hot fuzz"
"oh my g** they found me..i dont know how but they found me"
back to the future - thanks for the easy one!
"velcro. next to the walkman and tab it is the coolest invention of the 20th century!"
"girls just want to have fun"
"he's got a gun sir"
"what do you have a freaking water pistol"
Girls just wanna have fun
"Don't you get it? Do you see the hat? I am Mrs Nezbit"
probably an easy one...
The Rock...a favorite
Toy Story
Oh, for the love of Chrysler! Can we please ask someone for directions?
CARS (we have wathced that at least 1000 times)
"Congratulations. In the history of this camp, that was the most infamous, the most disgustins, the most revolting display of hooliganism we have ever had."
Parent Trap
"Good gracious! Who left the mop running?"
sleeping beauty
"are you going to do something or just stand there and bleed
Tombstone
"Nobody ever threw a party for me, and I've been the good guy!"
hee hee
and clearly, I have no life
are you sure you have your quote right? I haven't even been able to cheat and find it?!?! OR are you that good??
This was probably a little unfair...think 20 year old church movie
prodical son
no church movies. cmon now.
"chewy...have you even seen starwars"
you cant answer dede
ooooh thinking...and not coming up with anything
finally stumped you...think owen wilson
Armageddon
Itold you! I spent it with my uncle in Alaska hunting wolverines!
Is it Armageddon? GOOD ONE!!
napolean dynamite
"they mostly come out at night...mostly"
NAPOLEON DYNAMITE
Aliens
"There are some wgo call me...Tim"
oops "There are some who call me...Tim"
Is it Gremlins? I'm not sure?
I surrender!! Baby crying at my feet!! I know when I have been beaten!
(I think Dede still owes me a treat!)
monty python and hg
"tell me something i dont know"
"i open mouth kissed a horse once"
"What?"
"thats something you dont know"
Austin Powers
"Do they blow up into funny shapes?"
"Nope, unless round's funny"
raising arizona..classic
"we will ride into battle..and this will be our horse"
we were soldiers
"mannos de piedras"
Kill Bill
"Never, never, interrupt me, okay? Not if there's a fire, not even if you hear the sound of a thud from my home and one week later there's a smell coming from there that can only be a decaying human body and you have to hold a hanky to your face because the stech is so thick that you think you're going to faint. Even tehn, don' come knocking."
quotes from telemundo dont count either...?..hint.
Actually dede, Weekend at Bernies
As Good as it gets
"It's all ball bearings these days"
Fletch - and an extra point for having to tell me the answer to Weekend at Burnies - oh and Mike called and said you are stretching it a little (he is a bad looser - go easy on him!)
"Jenna, if you're gonna start lying about your age, I'd go with 27"
13 going on 30
"The only good bug is a dead bug!"
Starship Troopers
L: You called everyone but Slurpee Heaven.
G: That is not true. I did call Slurpee Heaven. They didn't want you. Heard you had attitude. Said you weren't "Slurpee" material.
Two Weeks Notice
Stretching it?? I think not..
ok, I'll go easy...
"Yo, Adriene"
dont get cocky now...you did quote a church movie though and a very non-memorable weekend at bernies quote.
rocky
"Well, what if there is no tomorrow? There wasn't one today.
hint
the movie also stars andie mcdowell
Groundhog Day
My husband got that one
"Bring out the gimp"
i think we're the only ones that will get the r rated ones
pulp fiction
lets give dede a chance
"more than that if you think about it...meatloaf has a very nice pair"
knotting hill
"Hey, psycho - we're not gonna discuss this, OK, it's over. Please get out of my Van Halen t-shirt before you jinx the band and they break up!"
Wedding Singer
"Don't you just love New York in the Fall...bouquets of newly sharpened pencils..."
You've got mail - thanks for being easy on me guys!
"Do the Q-tip! Q-tip! Now throw it away! Now what am I doing? I'm makin a pizza!"
hitch
"corporate accounts payable, Nina speaking..just a moment"
Joe vs the volcano??
nope..the lady says that same line over and over in a really high pitched voice
office Space
"I do not mean to pry, but you don't by any chance happen to have six fingers on your right hand?"
princess bride
"Therefore, by virtue of the authority vested in me by the Universitartus Committiartum E Pluribus Unum, I hereby confer upon you the honorary degree of ThD."
Wizard of OZ
"I've fought in two World Wars and countless smaller ones on three continents. I led thousands of men into battle with everything from horses and swords to artillery and tanks. I've seen the headwaters of the Nile, and tribes of natives no white man had ever seen before. I've won and lost a dozen fortunes, KILLED MANY MEN and loved only one woman with a passion a FLEA like you could never begin to understand. That's who I am. NOW, GO HOME, BOY!"
you guys are good
hint..."The kid gets it all. Just plant us in the damn garden, next to the stupid lion."
no clue
dede, you're a rockstar! THis was an EXCELLENT post. Excuse my borderline obnoxious competitive side..I had that "my husband's been out of town all week/stir crazy/need an outlet" feeling. Good game guys, good game!
Dede, make yourself an AMAZING treat!! :)
So I tallied up - and the WINNER(S) are Annemarie and Mike with 16 each - you both have an amazing amount of useless knowledge floating around in your heads!! I am in awe - I can hardly remember my password! Congratulations!! and thanks to all who participated - how fun to have 75 comments - I live for comments!! I will try to think of another fun game soon!!
btw - the last one was Secondhand Lions - one of my all time favorites!!! I think I will go watch it right now, while I am folding the laundry that I clearly didn't do yesterday while I was trying to figure out what "good guy" didn't get a party!
WELL no one answered mY quote!
Pee Wees Big Adventure?
correct!! (I only know that because I asked her) The Williams Family Rules!!!
Wow... Hey Mike, I'll tell my mom that all those years of "checking out movies" got you some dessert! :) hee hee
Way to go Dede...80 comments (now 81)...that was fun reading. I guess there are a lot of movies I have never seen... :)
Post a Comment