Cameron (my smart kid) came home with a progress report last week that had9 - A's
4 - B's
1 - C
2 - D's and
7 - F's!!
Obviously Cameron (the one who wanted to play "I spy something congruent" last night) has been in a whole bunch of trouble - life as he knew it stopped! The most frustrating part about Cameron's (the kid that said, "thank you for all our modern day technology" in his prayer tonight) grades for ME was that it isn't a struggle - just laziness!
His categories looked like this...
SPELLING
test & quiz - 134% A+
homework - 50% F
classwork - 33% F
Anyways he has been grounded from EVERYTHING and has been working pretty hard to bring his grades back into a range that will allow him to pass 4th grade! This is what they are now (which has allowed him to go back to swim and piano lessons!)
13 - A's
7 - B's
0 - C's
2 - D's &
1 - F!
3 more to go and he will be able to see friends and tv again - I keep thinking - if it is this hard with him, what is it going to be like with Wesley who will try and slide by with his charm??





9 comments:
don't blame him...
he gets it from his aunt Carin!
btw...love the picture...lol!
oh man...my parents brought up ALL of my report cards from K-12 last time they were here. Gosh, after I looked at them, I totally apologized to them (um, 15 years after I graduated).
Way to go Cameron for bringing those grades up!!
Way to go Cameron. I'm sure he's glad to be ungrounded from swimming. Watch out he might try to hold on to those last two bad grades to stay out of Piano lessons.
My Tanner is much like Cameron. Thinks his test scores will be enough to pass the class...Every year we go through this with Tanner and he always seems to pull it off. My frustration is when he gets his act together with straight A's except a B in PE!!! The worst part is when his brother who turns everything in and tries ends up with the C's! These lazy boys...gotta love them!
Tiff
I have found, in my ancient wisdom, that it is charm that wins. That grading system is pretty harsh! If I had been graded on stuff like homework I woulda failed too! He's just naturally smart. like me!
Charm does go along way. Ask Mike!!!! Way to go Cameron for bringing them up. I don't know how you make kids "want" to get good grades. Some do just naturally. Good for you for making him know how important it is to YOU.
Oh my...good luck with that one. Sounds like you're not messing around!
Wesley will slide by without even a hitch. Why? Because we all know charm works just as good, if not better, than brains!!
Carin mentioned this to me and all I can say is...We've been there!! We experienced something similar with each of my 4th graders this year...AHHHH! Mine seem to have problems turning the finished work in. All that work...and NO credit for it. AHHH!!!! It will get better (atleast that's what I keep telling myself!!)
Post a Comment