Sunday, April 27, 2008

beware - my cause eeby geebies...

I get home on Friday with 2 messages (and 4 calls) from the school. I child is whispering in the phone "mom come get me from school" & "mom where are you? pick up the phone! I need you to come get me". I assumed it was Cameron but wasn't positive because of the whispering and I thought - it finally happened - he had and "accident" (the #1 or #2 kind) at school - and in 4th grade - how embarrassing! I called the office to see if they knew what was wrong - they hadn't seen either of the boys - so I had them call Cameron to the office.
He told me he fell down playing "zombies" (i guess he is a zombie at recess as well as in class) and hurt his knee. He told me he couldn't get all of the black out and need to come home! At this point I should explain that Bill has the boys completely convinced that if they don't wash out EVERY scratch with some sort of antiseptic that they will quickly get a flesh eating disease and die - and he has them convinced because he believes this himself! I told Cameron to put a bandaid on it and he said it already had 4 - I told him to hand the phone to the office lady - I asked her if it looked bad enough to wake a sleeping baby up to come get him (the sleeping baby is actually almost 2 and was just eating lunch but I wanted it to sound dramatic) she said it looked like it had some gravel in it - so I came and signed him out!I will give Cameron some credit here and admit that it did look pretty bad and was still bleeding after an hour or so! He was very brave through his washing and more than happy to get his antiseptic!
This grin is saying I am at home on the couch when I should be at school - little did he know that we would go early to pick up Reagan so he could go back to his class and pick up the homework he "forgot" plus anything he missed while sitting on the couch!!

post signature

5 comments:

Brett said...

Ooo Gross! Just kidding I love this kind of stuff. Tell Cameron that one might leave a cool scar.

Kim said...

Okay it looks worse than what you were saying on the phone!! I hope he got a big bowl of ice cream, while he watched sponge bob, to go with that wound!! I am positive that chocolate is an antiseptic!

Anonymous said...

Oooohhhhh, I'm feeling queasy! That's one graphic photo -- I don't do blood to the point that I had to take my glasses off during labor all four times. Cameron looks like he loves the battle scar!

Carin Davis said...

he is one cute zombie!!

love your signature!!!!!!!

Connie Miller said...

Yikes - I'm glad I saw it the day after. It looks much better now.