Friday, April 11, 2008

105 days until 5...

Today was kindergarten orientation...

Wesley is so excited to go the school with the boys! We have told him that he can go when he is 5 (his birthday will be within days of school starting) and EVERYday he asks me "how many days until I am 5?"! To help get ready we went to an open house last week and orientation today.
(this is where he wanted to sit - I am already worried!)
They let the kids "go to kindergarten" while they talked to the parents in the gym. He wasn't to sure about walking away from me and following a whole bunch of strangers - but, he did it (and didn't even call me any bad names - which he likes to do in nervous situations!). Yea Wesley!
On a side note - they were kind of laughing at the "first time" parents who had their cameras with them - I didn't let them know I was a 3rd time parent - at least I wasn't crying like the lady next to me!!

5 comments:

Carin Davis said...

yea Wesley!!! i love that he is counting down!
he will LOVE kindergarten!

Saralin said...

Way to go. He will have so much fun in kindergarten.

Annemarie said...

That looked a lot like our orientation last week...complete with name calling (our boys sound similar!)
How often does Sams Club do the auctions? Is it an online thing? Did you win? So cool!

Annie Miller said...

Oooohhh! He looks so old! I can't believe how much he is changing. I am so excited for him to start school. Yeah for Wesley!

Connie Miller said...

Good job Welsey - for all his bravado - he can be sooooo close to his Mom. Believe me, you'll cry again when Chase goes.