Thursday, March 26, 2009

some potty talk...

I SO need to be straightening my hair, so I can be a part of it
NEW YORK, NEW YORK!
In one quick hour, I am headed with my sisters to have a fun (much needed and deserved) weekend away! But, I will leave you with one of the reasons I need a vacation:
my bathroom remodel!
We have sad little bathroom's in our house (except for Cameron, his bathroom is perfect) - MY bathroom is the smallest and sadest...until now!!
Here is the before and after of the boys bathroom...
we had linolium and boys who splashed a LOT, which isn't a good combo and was causing some water damage under the floor! That was the whole reason we started the remodel - but I kinda got carried away! The sinks are much taller now, so I made a little stool (now hopefully the boys will start washing their hands again!)! Now for the pathetic little bathroom...I pointed some things out for you guys (just incase you are doing a quick glance and not feeling sorry enough for me)!
1. my 1980 movie star lights that have a thick coat of dust baked on to the top of them
2. my once upon a time towel holder, that was turned into a blowdryer holder because there is nowhere else to put it
3. our his and hers styling center - the trick is to try and not let the lotions all fall in the toilet when you need the one in the back
4. my make-up station - easy access for Chase and more than one blush brush as taken a swim in the toilet!
Now, close your eyes - get ready - open...ahhhhh, isn't it so clean and pretty! It is still the smallest, but it is now my FAVORITE bathroom! I bought this handy little cupboard that fits behind the door and now holds all my junk (most of my junk is still downstairs in a box and I am not sure if I will ever allow it back in)! It is skinny, but it is about 5 feet tall so it holds quite a bit! I love the floor - I could do my whole house in slate (and beadboard) - maybe I will surprise Bill next time he leaves town!
I had a awesome handy man help me with everything! He was quick and efficient and was willing to listen and change ideas with me. He also enjoys a good sandwich and girly talk (and is willing to pretend he doesn't see all the tampons on the floor that a certain someone threw out of my purse while looking for gum)! AND, he told me not to tell anyone, but he will totally work for THIN MINTS (shhhh)! If you are looking for a handyman, let me know and I will give you his #!
OK - I really have to go! See you Monday!!

23 comments:

The Kleins said...

How nice Dede! I'm so jealous that it's all done for you. Have a great weekend away!

Kristina P. said...

Your bathroom looks awesome! I am so jealous! We will be in Vegas. I wish it was NYC.

Kaylynn said...

The bathrooms look great--have a great weekend away--I need one of those!

Jillyan said...

Looks amazing! You have the best taste! And your handyman does do a great job! He helped us with a wallpaper fiasco. I would LOVE to remodel all of my bathrooms, along with everything else in my house. Have a fun trip!

rychelle said...

would he be willing to work in vegas?!?

love both "afters".

have a great time with your sisters!

Anonymous said...

I love the bathroom's all put together!! The boys paint looks awesome with the shower curtain. You have such great taste!!

P.S. Have a FANTASTIC time in New York. You deserve it!!

Femin Susan said...

The bathrooms look great-

peewee said...

I LOVE your bathroom!!!! I love the color...the cabinet...EVERYTHING! SO jealous! HAVE FUN! :( wish I were going!

Annie Miller said...

It looks SOOOOOOOO good! I LOVE all of it! I hope you have a wonderful trip!

Alicia Cerva said...

I'll just "dido" what has already been said! It is BEAUTIFUL! I LOVE everything about it! Have a fun vacation! (That's what it's called when you go without kids - it's a "trip" when the whole fam goes!)

Jodi said...

Looks great! I want to come and see myself. Have fun in New York!

Saralin said...

They look like they came right out of Better Homes and Gardens. Have a great time in NYC.

Tammy Taylor said...

When it is time to redo our bathroom, can you come down? I love the way they look! Have a fun girls weekend, see you next month.

kat said...

hope you are having fun with your family and friend in ny~! cant wait to see pics of all of the trouble you girls get into~! =)

Rachel said...

Wow- I LOVE those remodels! Enjoy NYC!

Unknown said...

Wow! Very impressive!! I am loving the bathroom "do over's!!!!"
I am glad to hear you get to "GET AWAY!!" Can't wait to hear all about it!!
:)

Carin said...

GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!! Your bathroom is my FAVORITE!!!!!!! Are you available for consulting when I remodel my bathroom!!!!! I can't wait to see them in person!!!!!

Jimmy&Michelle said...

I TOTALLY need this guy's name and number!! Please call me! :D They look totally amazing!

3 Bay B Chicks said...

Great post! Going forward, I will be forwarding all of my home decor questions your way, Dede.

Did you notice that something has been missing from your blog? It might have appeared around the time I stopped commenting? I’m sorry about all that. I took a little hiatus from the blogosphere, but I couldn’t stay away too long. After a break, I had to come by again and see what you’ve been up to.

Glad that I did.

-Francesca

PS: Thanks for the birthday love!

renata ryan said...

I totally love it!!! I want some remodel too!!! Great job and taste Dede. i knew it was gonna be awsome!

Bobette said...

I'm glad I got to "break" into your house while you were in NY to check the bathrooms out, I mean, check on your kids. LOVE them! Nice job!

robin said...

Gorgeoso!!! love it love it love it!!! I must see it in person to get the whole effect. the sad part is... now I have to use my own pathetic bathroom. Can I come use yours instead???? :P

Bee said...

They both look wonderful, but yours is the absolute best. That color is perfect. What color is it, if you don't mind my asking.