Friday, March 20, 2009

go fly a kite...

We had a blast, enjoying the AWESOME weather, at Wheeler Farm today!
We brought a picnic lunch (which, surprisingly, was SO exciting for the boys) and then went to see all the animals. After we were done smelling seeing all the animals, we went on a wagon/tractor/hay ride! then it was time for the main event...
bubbles, frisbees and kites (oh my)

we pay exactly $1 for our kites, and not a penny more
(except the tax - and not a PENNY after that)not because I am cheap - it's because I am smart!
it's because when it gets tangled in an impossible knot, I say "throw it away!" it's because when I say, "you are getting too close to the tree!""run the other way!!!!" and they don't listen, I just laugh and say "no big deal"I don't think he agrees!

15 comments:

Saralin said...

Wow! Looks like everyone had a great time. Sorry I missed it.

peewee said...

Seriously, wesley is the cutest thing EVER>..why is he the one who gets the bad luck??

Annemarie said...

I have never paid more than $1 for a kite and I never will..for ALL of the same reasons.

Kristina P. said...

I seriously can't remember the last time I flew a kite. And I live right down the street from Wheeler Farm!

Kaylynn said...

I love flying kites. It looks like a great day! Utah has the best springs!

Annie Miller said...

I love Wheeler Farm. There's an old tree out there that me and my cousins used to play "Spaceballs" in. I still think of it when I see it. Glad you're getting some nice weather!

Jillyan said...

What a fun day! Love the pics! Especially the one of Chase with the bubbles.

renata ryan said...

Oh poor boy. It seems you guys had a great time!!! Fun, fun, fun

Connie Miller said...

Fu-filled day! Spring is my favorite time of year. I can't believe you caught a picture of bubbles.

Jody said...

Fabulous pictures, as always! And such a fun day with fabulous company! Thanks for inviting us! What's next?

susette said...

I'm coming over from Mormon Mommy Blogs, asking for your help. I am in the running for a round trip airfare paid ticket to Connecticut, to meet a friend I became acquainted with through blogging. She is a super fun person and is holding this contest. I entered a funny story titled "Grapejuice Floaties, Now Marry Me." The person whose story receives the most votes will win a trip to meet this generous lady, whom I'm hoping to meet. The voting ends tonight-midnight. I am ahead for now but there is a story coming up from behind out of nowhere and I would so, so, appreciate your help. Her blog is www.becausemomsaidso.blogspot.com and the voting is on the sidebar on the right. "Grapejuice, Floaties" Just go there and cast a vote for me, please. Thanks so much-you're awesome! ♥♥

Kim said...

We finally flew our kites yesterday and Britton was paranoid they were going to break. I explained they are only a buck and he relaxed. Wow the trauma that boy must have been through!! we had a blast at the farm can't wait to go do it again!

Anonymous said...

What a fun outing! That last picture of cute Wesley was heart breaking!

Racheal said...

LOVE your pictures! bubble and kites what could be better than that!
Um...Well I guess a bag of salty chips and an ice cold Diet coke:)

3 Bay B Chicks said...

I adore Wesley, Dede. He is such a darling little boy.

**IDEA**

You know what would be just super? Let's plan for our kids to get married someday. You and I can be the best of friends (never fighting over holidays, etc), and we'll know everyone in our respective families.

Now that I am officially in the club, it could work.

-Francesca