Wednesday, March 11, 2009

laughing with her...

I am BACK!!
I almost have everything back on my computer and I have some serious catching up to do (unfortunately I am also remodeling the bathrooms, the kids are off track and I am trying to plan a fun getaway vacation - but I have to sit at some point, and it might as well be right here!!) SO my first b.c.c. (before computer crash) post is in honor of my mother-in-law...
b.c.c. 3/1/09
We had Bill's family in town awhile back. On Sunday we were sitting around the table, playing 5 Crowns, when we heard a knock at the door. Bill went to get it - was gone for a bit - came back in - sat down and said, "Dede, you are going to need your camera". Like the obedient wife I am, I quickly grabbed (a handful of cadbury mini eggs, and then) my camera and headed for the front door. There was Bill's mom, ready to show us her new toy...she (like always) was prepared to have a good time. Bill's mom is riot - which is why you don't laugh at her - you ALWAYS laugh with her. She was showing us the proper way to ride her new bike/scooter/thing - which of course, is to stick out your butt and swing it back and forth. When the neighbors came out to laugh with her, she really gave them a show
(they really did come out on their porch and watch her - I would have just looked out the window)! Because I wasn't willing to put on the necessary ,precautionary, time consuming, equipment (and because of the neighbors) - I didn't ride the bike thingy - but I did have a good time watching my mom-in-law (with happy tears in my eyes) do her thing!!

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go Arlene!

Bobette said...

Kinda cute actually! So, I am waiting to grab MY camera and take some pictures of YOU on the bike/scooter/thingy. When can we schedule that? I'll talk to Bill...

Kristina P. said...

Haha! She is so cute!

Kaylynn said...

Are you going to Nauvoo on your vacation? Maybe it's not warm enough for you! Very fun and funny!

Annemarie said...

That is AWESOME! She is an absolute riot. Of course, I'm laughing with her.

Tammy Taylor said...

Glad your back - I have missed the daily posts! Bring the bike/scooter/thingy down here and we can party!

Jodi said...

I agree with Bob. Let me know when you schedule that bike/scooter thingy and I will laugh while she takes the pictures.

Thing 1 and Thing 2 said...

Wow! That is quite a contraption. Glad your computer is up and running.

Kim said...

Welcome back!! I think your mother-in-law is adorable!! I am also proud of you for actually listening to your husband, that has to be a rare thing!!

Jody said...

Glad to have you back! Your mother- in-law is hilarious! I bet the grandkids have a ball with her. I want to be invited to the party when Bobette takes the pictures of you! Where does a grandma find a contraption like that? And what would have possessed her to buy it? I LOVE IT!!!

Anonymous said...

i would have paid BIG MONEY to be there in person!! i LOVE Arlene!!!

Jillyan said...

That is hilarious! I can't picture my mom or my mom-in-law ever doing anything like that. So cool! I'm glad you're back! Your posts always make me laugh.

rychelle said...

Welcome back!

Your MIL is one hip granny!

peewee said...

I am crying! I wish I had been there!!! but I FEEL like I was, because I about fell over when I saw that first pic!!!! Oh Dede...you are SO SO lucky! I would PAY for entertainment like that!!!

peewee said...

oh, and I am trying to get to NY with you guys...but i am moving there after easter for 3 months...but i'm still working on it!!!

Connie Miller said...

That's terrific! I can't believe she would even want to ride that contraption. Many kudos to A. Love it!!!!!

Annie Miller said...

That is hilarious!

Rachel said...

That is awesome! What a lady!