Friday, October 3, 2008

holy pants, batman...

Things are starting to get a little chilly - its almost time to pull out the sweaters - leaves are starting to drop - Fall is in the air!
Which causes a problem for me (other than the "it won't be summer anymore, boo hoo" problem). As many of you might remember... Chase started walking at about 14 months -
on his knees!
His soft perfect feet didn't touch the ground until around his 2nd birthday - remember this? - he was completely content hopping, skipping or speed walking on his knees (not crawling mind you, his hand didn't touch the ground) - oh, it was cute! I actually miss it. So what's my problem?
When we pulled out the pants today, we found 18 pairs of jeans -
all with holes in the knees!! (here is Chase happily willingly modeling 8 different pair)
Now some might think that 18 pairs of jeans is a little excessive for a little boy (not girl - they need many many pairs) and I will agree. The reason he had so many is because they only lasted 1 or 2 wears and then they were done. I tried my best to make the most out of a pair. He would wear already holey jeans if we were staying at home or going to Walmart (you can wear anything to Walmart), BUT if we were going out, having a play date or going somewhere fancy - like Target, we had to pull out the good pair - and so the cycle would go. Now it is time to buy this lucky kid a whole new lower half wardrobe, no hand-me-downs for him!
(I won't be as cheerful and patient when I do this same "hole in my pants" post for Reagan - it isn't cute and it is much more expensive when you are eight!!)

9 comments:

peewee said...

And yet....it's SO worth it because those pictures were the cutest thing ever! Besides, just keep the holey jeans, cuz there are some at Nordstrom that look EXACTLY like those and they're like $100 bucks :) see...chase is ahead of his time AND thrifty! He;s already got the whole "handi-craft" thing goin' on :)

Kaylynn said...

Maybe we really are living the dream. I think that I wanted to be smart or funny.

Connie Miller said...

He's so cute - I can't believe he let you put all those different ones on. If they'll fit for awhile, you could make cut-offs!!!!

Saralin said...

If Walmart is tres casual and Taret is tres chic, What is Barnes and Noble? I need to know these things so I don't over or under dress.

Kim said...

I just went and got all of Connor's next size and winter clothes out and I must say they are adorable. Someone has great taste in little boy clothes.
* Note to self next year I will have to buy Connor jeans!

Carin Davis said...

How in the world did you get a two year old to change that many times and keep an adorable diposition!? you're amazing!

Let's go shopping!!!

Joeinne said...

He is so stinkin' precious, Dede! I especially love the last picture. Way too cute! And once again, I have to tell you that you are such a good mommy! All your posts and pictures of your children and fun and exciting things you do with you children. You are fabulous!

Anonymous said...

Hey, people pay an extra eighty bucks for jeans with holes in them! I think you should sell them on ebay and call them "Designer Toddler Jeans" or something. Either that, or cut the pant legs off and attach fabric to make cutie-patootie skirts for your nieces. Sophie would love them! Then save all the pant legs to make a jeans blanket -- perfect for picnics!

renata ryan said...

Dede,
I loved the pictures of Chase's paint and reagans comment about how much more expansive it is when you are 8. The hair really says a lot about your personality hum?! I haven't notice it until I see how their hair matches each one of them :) I think it is time for i "review" my hair cut and style.