Sunday, October 26, 2008

welcome to mona...

Last night we went to the "Fall Festival On The Farm" in Mona, Utah
(never heard of it? me either - Mona or the Festival).
Carin (and co.) invited us to tag along with them and Susan (and cute family).

It was a blast (despite Bill's griping THE.WHOLE.WAY.THERE! Like when we would pass a pumpkin patch and the kids would say "we're here!" and he would say, "no, we are going to drive a hour and pass multiple pumpkin patches and we're not eating until dark!" gripe gripe gripe!)

Cameron's favorite part was the face painting and sitting in the carriage with the princess - I have a picture of that too - in my "embarrass Cameron" folder (I really do have one of these - he tends to like to do things that will embarrass him in the future - dress up, dancing, girly things and whatnot - payback will be sweet, and so deserved!)Reagan liked decorating trick or treat bags and he did a wonderful job making one for Chase as well (always the thoughtful one)! His favorite part was the potato sack races (pretty sure he came in last - "but it doesn't matter if you win or loose, it's how you play the game" - that is Reagan ((the turtle's)) motto, just in case your wondering!)Wesley had fun - can't ya tell - he had fun, but didn't want his picture taken, weird. He also didn't want to do the potato sack race, the paddle boats (after he saw the fat guy and his kids get stuck) or the face painting UNTIL we were driving home. He was most excited about roasting marshmallows around the campfire (unfortunately they were out of marshmallows by the time we got there - why? because we waited so long for the others to do the paddle boats - actually, now that I am thinking back, maybe Wesley didn't have so much fun.)! Chase (ahh, sweet Chase) he LOVED running through the leaves, playing on the playground, going in the boat, eating popcorn, warming by the fire, dancing to the music and most of all...hanging out with sweet Sophie and her sisters!! We went out to eat on the way home (just as the grump predicted) and Carin and I were watching the cute little cousins, sitting at their own table (thinking they were cool - at least my kids were thinking they were cool - Carins kids were just hoping to be able to sneak a drink of soda) and imagining what it will be like in about 5 or 10 years - will they still like to hang out with each other? will they share their secrets? I sure hope so!

13 comments:

Carin Davis said...

a PERFECT recap!!!! THANK YOU so much for "driving an hour and not eating until after dark" to hang out with us!!! we had SOOOO much fun!!! your pictures are BEAUTIFUL!! i haven't even downloaded mine! i'm a slacker!

peewee said...

awww...that looks fun! Wish I'd been there...wherever "there" is since I've never heard of Mona either.

Danny said...

i take offense to you calling me a fat guy...especially for the world to read!

dede said...

come on Big D - the whole world doesn't read my blog!

Annie Miller said...

How fun! Loved the recap and loved the pictures. I'm hoping to make it to a pumpkin patch this week. I think it's definately worth an hour drive to get a good one.

Saralin said...

My sister in law is from Mona. I didn't know that they had a Fall Festival. Sounds like a lot of fun. I'll have to drag Brett next year.

Connie Miller said...

These cousins will always be close, because their parents are close. How fun that was! Great pictures and narrative.

Anonymous said...

Soooooooo jealous. I often wish we lived nearer cousins. I love the shot of the seven of them around the table -- reminds me of late night trips to Denny's!

Jody said...

What a fun night! I cant' wait for Braxton to have more cousins and for them to be just a bit older so that we can do all these fun things. Thanks for the geography lesson too...Mona, Utah?

robin said...

hahahaha!!! I love the look on Wesley's face. It reminds me of one of my boys. I have seen that look on his face many times.

peewee said...

NOT ONLY did you TALK me into the bunny (lilly) (it turned out to be a boy) but I believe it was in fact OUR bunny, until you decided to get that rat.

peewee said...

I've checked your blog about 50 times today. for real. you can check. Will you post something? I'm bored

{Le Petit Poulet} said...

YAY! We had so much fun with you guys. Glad to hear that someone else was griping about the Mona festivities....I really didn't think Brian would go for it when I found out exactly where Mona was!
Hey...where are the hot pics of us with the little ones! ;)