Sunday, October 19, 2008

if the horn fits...

On Saturday we spent ALL DAY at Frightmares (Lagoon) -
we thought it would be a great idea
the weather was perfect
it was a holiday weekend
people would be deer hunting
or at the U game
I think all of the deer are safe, because most of Utah was waiting in lines at Lagoon! (I was kinda hoping we were the only ones with this idea) We still had a blast and didn't loose any kids (which is a good thing, mostly). We did a lot of the nasty, pukey, nauseating, carnival type rides - like musik express (barf), fortunately Nana came for the last half of our day to take my place on those. We went in the "spooky" (this is Chases new seasonal favorite word) house a couple times - the younger two's favorite - and, for the first time EVER we went on the Samurai (which has been closed every time we have gone before- maybe that is a sign, I chose to ignore it!) - it was awesome - definitely in my top five! What are my top 5 you ask...
Wicked
Cliffhanger
Samurai
Colossus
Roller Coaster (their is something thrilling about thinking the ride could completely collapse at any minute, although it could use a more exciting name)
some of my favorite outside of Utah...
The Edge (Great America)
Tower of Terror (Disney California Adventure Park)
Spiderman (Six Flags)
Indiana Jones Adventure (Disneyland)
the faster the better - what is your favorite ride????

14 comments:

Renee said...

ooooohhhhh, good question!

1. Top Gun (Great America)
2. The Edge (Great America)
3. Wicked (Lagoon)
4. Tidal Wave (Great America)
5. The Demon (Great America) or Space Mountain (Disneyland)

(I really miss Great America...)

Oh, Kelly wants to play:

1. Viper (Magic Mountain)
2. Manhatten Express (in Vegas at the NY NY hotel, he thinks)
3. Wicked (Lagoon)
4. Montezuma's(sp?)Revenge (Knotts Berry Farm)
5. Space Mountain (Disneyland)

Kristina P. said...

We're going to Frightmares on Saturday! Love Wicked. I almost passed out on Colossus last time, so I won't go on it anymore, and I don't do The Samurai and Cliffhanger.

OK, I suck.

Stacy said...

This was an easy one....
1. Space Mountain (Disneyland)
2. Splash Mountain (Disneyland)
3. California Screamin (California Adventure/Disneyland)
4. Thunder Mountain (Disneyland)
5. Indiana Jones (Disneyland)
Do you see a theme? For me nothing compares to Disneyland!

Kim said...

I love the Samuari it is one of my favorite. I also loved Wicked and Superman (Magic Mountain) by far one of my favorite rides!

dede said...

oh - I forgot about Top Gun and Viper (I might have to change my out of Utah list a little!)

Carin Davis said...

My stomach is turning just reading the lists....what will I do when I FINALLY get to Disneyland!!! I am worried about the tea cups!

Kaylynn said...

I love Lagoon, but I haven't been there since I was a kid. I think their wooden roller coaster is my favorite.

Saralin said...

I haven't been to Lagoon in years. My favorite when I was a kid was the big pirate ship.

Emily Horne said...

OOO Sara I hate the Pirate ship! I love the Wicked but mostly when I have Kim or Dede screaming right along with me. Sorry we missed out. We'll have to go again.

Connie Miller said...

All of kiddy land!!! Oh, and the boat. Haven't been to Disneyland since I was 20 -- I liked Space Mountain.

JulyG319 said...

I'm another Disney fan as nothing compares to Space Mountain, Thunder Mountain, Matterhorn, The Indiana Jones ride, and the California Screamin' ride for me!!!

robin said...

so hard....so hard... I love love love roller coasters!!!! it is actually a punishment to sit beside me because I scream so loud. my favs are all at Canada's Wonderland and are as follows:

1) The Behemoth (so stinkin' big it's ridiculous!)
2) Mighty Canadian Minebuster (used to be stinkin' big until they built The Behemoth!!!)
3) Flight Deck
4) Skyrider (a stand-up roller coaster)
5) The Bat (a backwards roller coaster)

The ride that scared me the most.... Drop Zone in Las Vegas... who puts a ride on the outside of a tower at the very top overlooking the city???? that's just nuts!!!

peewee said...

LOG RIDE!!! (wherever)
and that one where you "fly" over california at d. land calif adventure.
Def space mntn.
HATE HATE HATE tower of terror! Geez dede...ur crazy.
It's a small world. I love the chinese people.
Been to lagoon only once...WITH U. can't remember a single ride. all I remember is the picture we took with our long blonde hair and fake tans!

Annie Miller said...

1. Pirates of the Carribean--DL
2. Superman--Six Flags CA
3. Hulk--Universal, FL
4. Indiana Jones, DL
5. Spiderman, Universal, FL

Can't wait to try Wicked at Lagoon!