Tuesday, April 28, 2009

oh, give me a home...

April's photo challenge (it is still April right??) is architecture!
Carin mentioned this to me AFTER we got home from New York (convenient, huh?).
I love old architecture. As a kid/teen/young adult I always wanted to buy an old Victorian home when I grew up. Now that I have a house, I don't know if I could handle the upkeep it would take to own an older home BUT I miss the detail and beauty that it would provide!
One of our favorite places to go is Bill's grandpa's farm in Heber. It has been in the family for over a hundred years! Everywhere you turn there is beauty! Bill's great grandma's house is still there! It isn't livable anymore (although some animals wouldn't agree) but I can still see the beauty it had! I love to walk around it and peek in the windows! I am always amazed at the intricate designs - I love the wall paper and the kitchen floor, not to mention the cute windows above the door! This is one of my favorite chairs, which I mentioned before (here), that Bill won't let me take home - he says it is only cute at the farm! Behind the chair is the old fridge (which I love as well!!). I love everything about the farm and it is one of my favorite places to bring my camera - I don't know how the animals feel about me taking pictures, but they haven't attacked yet!

24 comments:

Kristina P. said...

These are great pictures!

Did Kristin tell you that Rychelle and I are visiting her in July? There may be crazy antics going on!

Annie Miller said...

Awesome pictures! I can't believe what a photographers dream you have there! Nice architecture pics. Is this your photo challenge? LOVE IT!

Kaylynn said...

Great pictures!

Alicia Cerva said...

AWESOME PICTURES DEDE! I wish I had such an amazing place to take pictures! I'll have to tag along some time! It is BEAUTIFUL! I love all the details you captured!

Carin said...

fantastic,
beautiful,
creative,
you didn't need any extra warning!!!
these are AWESOME!

Bobette said...

Nice pictures! I want to visit this place with you! Talk to you tomorrow!

Rachel said...

LOVE these pictures! How do you notice all those details?! That seems like such a picturesque old farm!

kat said...

ohhhh i am sooo loving all of these pics dede... these are some of my fav that you have ever taken... i am with you totally on always wanting an old home... whenever we are on our way up to primary's, i practically wreck looking at the homes in the avenues... the details of the skinny doorways, awesome floors, unique windows, doorknobs, all the fixtures, oh i could just go on and on... if only they didnt have that pesky old wiring/plumbing to deal with... thanks for sharing all your pics and your great eye for beauty with all of us...

Saralin said...

I would love to visit that farm some day. Great pictures, I especially like the doors and knobs.

Connie Miller said...

You have a great eye! These are so beautiful, Dede. Love them all, but I like the criss/cross wood beams! Wonderful!

Kristi Veale said...

Great pictures, I love all the detail and the old house on it's own. I love old houses too, just looking at them makes me wonder about things they did and how old they really are. Beautiful pictures!

Anonymous said...

I'm with you on the whole victorian home thing -- it's almost a tragedy when these new houses pop up with all the "fake" scrolls and embellishment all over their porches, pretending to be and old and refined-looking house when their insides are full of stainless steel and wall to wall carpeting.

If only great-grandma's house could talk... I would love to know the history behind that house and the barn with the dovetail joints! Marvelous workmanship, to still be standing after 100 years!

Annemarie said...

beautiful pics. I especially love the one of the stacked plates.

peewee said...

I think u and carin should come back to NY too! LOVE the last pic!! Miss u all still :)

Unknown said...

Wow! These are awesome photos! My DH wants to print some off and use and decor! They are great!

rychelle said...

i really love these photos. the details remind me of my grandparent's farm in yost, ut.

Kim said...

Those pictures are so neat. How fun to go and see that! I love old homes and wondering what it must of been like when it was used and a home to a family!

Bee said...

These are wonderful. I especially love the one of the old door. I love (there's that word again!) old doors.

Thanks for stopping by my blog and saying such nice things!

Racheal said...

If I had one ounce of you or Carin's ability to take pictures....My world would be complete!

Those pics are pretty sweet!

Jody said...

I just cannot say it enough...you are SO talented! I LOVE every one of these pictures! Absolutely beautiful!

Cristi said...

oooooo that would be a fun place to take a camera!

Missy said...

OMG! The pics are just awesome! Love the subject!

3 Bay B Chicks said...

This photography is amazing, Dede. How on earth you can make these old fixtures and buildings actually appealing to someone like me is a feat.

I don't share your love of old buildings, but these pics may just convert me. :)

-Francesca

Katie Hansen said...

Dede, thanks for the pictures of G&G's farm. I've always loved that stuff, too. The photos you took are beautiful and I love the mountains in the background. You really captured the feeling I get there, too. Such a great place. I can almost hear the meadowlarks singing.