Tuesday, April 14, 2009

oh beautiful day...

We had a beautiful Easter Sunday!
The kids awoke early to see what was in their baskets, went on a quick treasure hunt, had some eggs for breakfast (chocolate eggs, that is) and quickly got ready, so we could be to church by 9! After raining all day Saturday, it was so nice to see the sun shining when we got home!The bubbles were the first things to come out!Nothing beats the combination of bubbles and little kids (except possibly nap time and little kids or diet coke and crushed ice or brownies and ice cream or cadbury mini eggs and cinnamon bunnies)!The kites were next! We (meaning Cameron - there is something about him and kites that is like magic) managed to get 3 out of the 4 kites all the way up at the same time! After Cameron gets the kite up, he will pass it on to the owner for them to fly. Can you see the problem with this picture (x marks the spot)? Cameron had a few not very Easterly words to say after this collision (it kinda reminds me of moms and housework - you do everything and a few minutes later someone messes it all up - I will have to explain this analogy to Cameron)!The Easter Bunny, however, might be suffering from a slight case of dementia.
(S)he brought the kids adorable fur real pets and cute spendable bunny bucks which was so thoughtful and cute. But then he also included something shocking (and avoided at all costs) in the baskets...character shirts!!!
(notice anything special about Wesley? details to come!)

15 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Is that bunny money real?

dede said...

yes - the bunny is actually a sticker! cute, huh?

Bobette said...

Very cute! We had kite problems last night. Our $1.00 kite didn't do so well. I guess we needed Cameron. Hope things went well today after school! So did Wesley's tooth finally come out? Yea!

Stacy said...

Yeah! Wesley finally lost a tooth!

Kim said...

Love the bunny money and the pictures. It sounds like you had a great Easter (not as good as mine but...)Just kidding:)

Stesha said...

The pictures are so beautiful. When I was little my grandmother would buy us a kite in April. Good memories:)

Hugs and Mocha,
Stesha

rychelle said...

oh, how i love bubbles. (and brownies with ice cream)

Saralin said...

Sorry to hear about the kite collision.

peewee said...

bunny money!!! hahahah! (can I have some?)(do they come in hundreds?)

Connie Miller said...

the shirts were the biggest hit, rigiht? I love the blue sky -- haven't seen it for a long, long time. Looking forward to the next post (tooth fairy).

Annie Miller said...

Braden got that same Star Wars shirt from the Easter Bunny too. Great kite pics! Congrats to Wes on losing that tooth!

robin said...

how funny!!! I didn't even notice the bunny until I read all the comments and I was like... bunny money??? there was a $2.00 bill but where was the bunny??? I had to go back and look. hahaha!!!!

kat said...

ahhh what a happy easter your family had~! way to go cameron for being so successful in getting so many kites up at once~! eh, kite crashing sounds like a normal kite flying thing to me =) but i can relate to your analogy (and i only have ONE kid sheesh,)...

The Kleins said...

Nice. Too bad it's snowing today. Fun pics Dede!

Carin Davis said...

Cameron is coming on my next kite adventure!!!!!!!!!!! It was a beautiful day~ I am glad we got to spend some of it together!
xo