I was lucky enough to have my college roommate come stay with me for a few days. The boys weren't so excited. They like her just fine BUT with her comes her dogs - her big dogs. Two of my boys are really really afraid of dogs and the other two aren't that comfortable around anything with paws either. Reagan and Wesley are the scaredy cats - Saturday morning Reagan cleaned his room lightening fast so he could call a friend and we didn't see him for the rest of the day (thanks Emily). Wesley, on the other hand, had two new best friends within the first hour!
It was amazing to watch. He started with baby steps - first throwing the ball, then patting Mick or Maggie on the back and gradually he got braver and braver to the point that he wouldn't leave them alone (I think I heard "Mick, Mick, here Micky" at least a thousand times!)!
When Reagan returned home on Saturday night, he saw Wesley and figured maybe he could throw a ball too. While walking to church on Sunday, Reagan was the first to ask when we could get a dog! Cameron and Chase also enjoyed "our" dogs. The first thing Chase said when he woke up from his nap this afternoon was, "let's go see the dogs"!
It put a smile on my face to watch all the boys interact with their new buddies! Today after school, Wesley's teacher told me that the dogs are all he has talked about for the last two days. He (and the other boys) are missing their friends tonight, as I am missing mine!
Luckily, they have their previous dogs (the Build a Bear kind) to snuggle with, until the next time!
It was amazing to watch. He started with baby steps - first throwing the ball, then patting Mick or Maggie on the back and gradually he got braver and braver to the point that he wouldn't leave them alone (I think I heard "Mick, Mick, here Micky" at least a thousand times!)!
When Reagan returned home on Saturday night, he saw Wesley and figured maybe he could throw a ball too. While walking to church on Sunday, Reagan was the first to ask when we could get a dog! Cameron and Chase also enjoyed "our" dogs. The first thing Chase said when he woke up from his nap this afternoon was, "let's go see the dogs"!
It put a smile on my face to watch all the boys interact with their new buddies! Today after school, Wesley's teacher told me that the dogs are all he has talked about for the last two days. He (and the other boys) are missing their friends tonight, as I am missing mine!
Luckily, they have their previous dogs (the Build a Bear kind) to snuggle with, until the next time!





15 comments:
you can take the kids down to my house to see jock to remind them what naughty dogs are like. just take him outside before you pet him. give robert a hug for me. thanks again.
That is the best kind of dog. Ones that come and visit and then go home. I like that.
That's what Kristin was telling us! That's so great. They seem like gentle dogs.
I agree with Jodi. Whenever my kids need a doggie fix, we go visit my good friend who has a Schipperke -- a small, gorgeously black and furry little tailess terrier -- and once we get our fetching and rolling over out of our system, we can come home to a non-hair-everywhere house!
But...and I hate to say it... every boy needs a dog. Those boys look right at home with those canines!
Their pictures are BEAUTIFUL!!!! Gorgeous job!!!! I am glad your boys are loving dogs!
I think those dogs suit them nicely! Glad you had so much fun you forgot to call me back :)
awww...those made me tear up! I miss u guys too! Especially as I am now in the econolodge in Nowhere, Colorado... NOT my perfect guest room with fresh banana cake for breakfast! Well, at least I can type this comment without your "spell" check :)
I guess I miss that too!
xoxoxoxoxoxo.
Tell the boys that Mick and Magiie are missing them tons!
oh, and Zac says HI
I came for the pictures of the boys and the dogs.
So glad that I did. Totally worth it. They all seem like a wonderful bunch.
-Francesca
I can't believe it! Great pictures and such a fun post.
Glad MY dog made them scared but one day with these BIGGER dogs, they were fine with. Kidding. You took some fabulous pictures! Have fun getting carpets cleaned!
those are great pictures of mick and maggie, dede!
Aww....I love looking at these from my lonely roach motel. They totally make me smile!
oooooo what sweet pics of your boys with those sweet dogs~! fun to see them enjoying dogs instead of being scared of them... 'course the build a bear kind are pretty sweet too ;)
They look like super sweet dogs. Great pics too!
Beautiful pictures! I LOVE them! You will never need to send your kids my my house to "play". You have all the talent you need!
Post a Comment