Tuesday, May 5, 2009

happy day...

I love May!
I love it so much that, with my last 3 boys, I tried to plan on May for their birth month!
The first (of the last 3) was just a little slow and came at the beginning of June!
The second one was really stubborn and didn't arrive until the end of July!
But the third, well he was so sweet and accommodating, that he was festively born on
May 5th!Happy Birthday Sweet Chase!!! On Sunday we had the family over to celebrate! He was so excited for his guests to arrive he could hardly take a nap! Luckily, for all, he did get a couple hours of sleep before the fun began! He stood on the porch, anxiously awaiting to tell the first guest that he was having a party - a "horsey party" to be exact!
He only had a few requirements for his big day...
he wanted balloons
and he wanted a cake(a cake with a horse, candles, a star & moon - it also had to be white and chocolate with sprinkles) He was so fun to watch - full of excitement!
He was absolutely giddy with every person he saw and every present he opened!
I am pretty sure that his smile didn't leave his face the whole day! The weather held up long enough for him to try out his new scooter - I think he is going to have to watch Sophie a little more to get the hang of it!I told him he could pick two presents to take to bed with him - he picked his "new shark blankey" (aka - beach towel) and the cute little teddy bear that is cousin Ashley gave him!
Thanks to all who helped make his day so special - I can't imagine a happier kid!
(he did, however, show some true 3 year old colors today when he hid in the, out of reach, corner of the play land and stayed there until Wesley happily agreed to drag him out!)

21 comments:

Kim said...

Happy Birthday Chase! We had planned on coming over and saying hi but I didn't want Connor's gift to be Strep Throat!

Carin said...

YAY CHASE!!!!!!!! He couldn't be any cuter or sweeter...and what a fun party...and delicious cake!!!!!!

Your pictures are FANTASTIC!!!! You captured Chase and the party BEAUTIFULLY!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHASE WE LOVE YOU!!!!!

Anonymous said...

That shot of chase at the bannister is PRICELESS!!! I mean, seriously, have you ever seen a more perfectly proportioned, sweeter face on any child on the planet in the history of the world??!!!! He looks like he's almost not human, it's so perfect!

Happy Cinco de Mayo, big boy!

Bee said...

As usual, these are wonderful pictures! He's such a beautiful child and you can see all of that excitement shining in his face.

A horse, candles and a star and a moon. Makes me think of the song, Sweet Baby James. You know, "There is a young cowboy who lives on the range..."

Kaylynn said...

Happy Birthday! What a fun kid!

Jodi said...

Happy Birthday Chase. I can't believe that you are 3 I remember when you were born. Your such a cute kid.

Connie Miller said...

He was so much fun to be with and to watch! Makes me smile just thinking about the party! Love you, Chase and your Mom is pretty terrific too. Great cake, Dede!

Kristi Veale said...

What a cute little boy, I love those cheeks. Looks like you had a fun time taking great pictures too. Ok, how do you put four pictures on one picture? I have tried to play around....but it just isn't working for me. HELP!

Jillyan said...

Happy Birthday Chase!!! I loved all the pictures! So fun! I can just picture how excited he was for his party. Wesley is always telling people he is having a party on his third birthday and it's not until July!

P.S. Love his outfit! Wes has the same shorts. Gotta love TCP!

Annemarie said...

He is absolutely adorable. I love the curls!
Happy Birthday to your cute, cute boy!

JulyG319 said...

Happy Birthday Chase!!! I'm a day late and dollar short, but hey what's new about that? Nothing. ;)

My sweet baby boy was due on May 5th, 05-05-05 to be exact, but he arrived on April 29th instead. He was just as eager to do stuff then as he is now....:)

peewee said...

AWWWW...he looks so much older already from 2 weeks ago!!!
SOOOO CUTE!
Mmmm...and that CAKE!!! YUMMMMMM

renata ryan said...

I love may too!! Maybe it is because it is my month too :)
Chase is the sweetest boy EVER!!! He is so easy tp please. I love him with all my heart.
thanks for let he play with us today. We had a bless!!!

Bobette said...

He is the cutest thing ever! Happy Birthday Chase! Glad you guys had a fun day! Your pictures are awesome!

Saralin said...

Happy Birthday Chase! Glad you had such a great day. He is such a good kid.

Jody said...

Happy Birthday, Chase! Fabulous pictures as always...I am a bit jealous that you always have such great pictures for every event! Once I can afford the camera, I will have to take lessons! Love your adorable boy and love the outfit...Braxton has the exact same one...gotta love The Children's Place!

Annie Miller said...

Happy Birthday Chasers! He looks just as sweet as you said he was in these pictures. Nice Deed!

rychelle said...

you sure captures some great photo of the big day.

happy b-day chase!

Renee said...

How can he be 3 already?? He is so cute, I love his smile! You captured some great moments!

Joeinne said...

He is just the stinkin' cutest little guy!

*J*E*N* said...

Ohhhh I just LOVE this kid!!! He is so lucky to have such a talented mama!