Ever had one of those days where you wake up at 6 to get a root canal and then do activity after activity until you finally arrive back home that night at 10:30 hardly able to walk?
We will just call it...last Thursday!
Some of the highlights...
(not the dentist or the new washer and dryer I call my tooth)...
going to the zoo!
We love having a zoo membership! It allows us to experience the zoo in so many different ways and to hang out with these gals...
This trip was definitely different than others.
We spent a really long time looking at the monkeys inside
and then the monkeys outside.
I think by this point both of Carin's girls were sporting some batman band aids (I would like to think that I am always prepared, but in truth, I put a few band aids in my purse a few years ago and I never need to use them unless we are hanging out with little girls - girls are WAY more adventurous than my boys!)
then we hit the bird show - I always love the bird show!
It might be the lazy me that enjoys sitting down in the shade for a half hour but I think I like it more because of the kids expressions when they see the birds do their stuff! The only downfall to the show this time, was when Wesley's hand shot up after a guy asked a question that I half heard. Of course the guy came right up to Wesley and put the microphone up to his mouth and Wesley looked at me and said "what is it?" - after giving him the wrong answer, I whispered to Wesley that if he raised his hand again a bird is going to come bite his fingers!
Next came the carousel - I didn't get any pictures of that because Chase has suddenly become afraid of all amusement rides and I had to hold him on the bench the whole time - Carin, however got some awesome pictures that you can see here!
Then to my favorite part and the first thing I was able to eat that day
ICE CREAM!
After the ice cream we had a quick train ride and we were headed home! I think we saw like 3 animals the whole time we were there (which is exactly why I like having a membership, we don't have to do the whole zoo in one trip!)
Next we hit a party for our friend Leo at Jungle Jim's! Wesley and Chase love playing with Leo & his little dog! We were thrilled to be part of his birthday celebration!
Chase stayed off the rides but had no problem putting tokens in game after game after game!
Wesley loved it all, never having a lack of energy and this smile didn't leave his face!
Speaking of smiles - how can you not smile when you are with sweet Mariana! Next time we are with her I will have to bring a video camera so you can see her dance moves! After closing up that place, we headed to Nana and Papa's to take them some Happy Anniversary goodies!
and that, my friends, was Thursday!
We will just call it...last Thursday!
Some of the highlights...
(not the dentist or the new washer and dryer I call my tooth)...
going to the zoo!We love having a zoo membership! It allows us to experience the zoo in so many different ways and to hang out with these gals...
This trip was definitely different than others.We spent a really long time looking at the monkeys inside
and then the monkeys outside.I think by this point both of Carin's girls were sporting some batman band aids (I would like to think that I am always prepared, but in truth, I put a few band aids in my purse a few years ago and I never need to use them unless we are hanging out with little girls - girls are WAY more adventurous than my boys!)
then we hit the bird show - I always love the bird show!It might be the lazy me that enjoys sitting down in the shade for a half hour but I think I like it more because of the kids expressions when they see the birds do their stuff! The only downfall to the show this time, was when Wesley's hand shot up after a guy asked a question that I half heard. Of course the guy came right up to Wesley and put the microphone up to his mouth and Wesley looked at me and said "what is it?" - after giving him the wrong answer, I whispered to Wesley that if he raised his hand again a bird is going to come bite his fingers!
Next came the carousel - I didn't get any pictures of that because Chase has suddenly become afraid of all amusement rides and I had to hold him on the bench the whole time - Carin, however got some awesome pictures that you can see here!Then to my favorite part and the first thing I was able to eat that day
ICE CREAM!
After the ice cream we had a quick train ride and we were headed home! I think we saw like 3 animals the whole time we were there (which is exactly why I like having a membership, we don't have to do the whole zoo in one trip!)
Next we hit a party for our friend Leo at Jungle Jim's! Wesley and Chase love playing with Leo & his little dog! We were thrilled to be part of his birthday celebration!
Chase stayed off the rides but had no problem putting tokens in game after game after game!
Wesley loved it all, never having a lack of energy and this smile didn't leave his face!
Speaking of smiles - how can you not smile when you are with sweet Mariana! Next time we are with her I will have to bring a video camera so you can see her dance moves! After closing up that place, we headed to Nana and Papa's to take them some Happy Anniversary goodies!and that, my friends, was Thursday!





9 comments:
...and Chase wasn't bawling from exhaustion after all that? I'm impressed. What a day! Great pics of you and Carin. Very photogenic :)
Who has the energy that YOU DO!!!!? You are amazing...and very fun to spend the day with too I might add! Sophie was very proud of the batman bandaid!!!!! Thank you for being prepared!
Girl, you never run out of energy! Your pictures are awesome! I love the one of Chase and the ice cream cone. Thanks for the fun time at the park today! I had a great time in the sun with you guys!
you're like a rock star. you start your day at the dentist, and are still able to accomplish all that?!?
love that first pic of you and the boys. :)
Great picture of you with your boys. You look so cute.
What a busy day for you but fun.
after all that - .... taking 2 hours to put up vinyl for my friend. I promise I'll never, ever volunteer you again. Thanks for always being there for me. The pictures turned out great!
My, you are a busy beaver!!!
OMG I really don't know how you had energy to do all this after a root canal. YOU ARE MY MODEL!!!
I love the pictures!
Thanks for sharing:)
you crazy girl... i know you told me you have a high pain tolerance, but really...lol ida been sleeping i am pretty sure, but then i am a wuss =)... at least you had fun and got to eat ice cream~!
Post a Comment