Did I mention how many family birthday's we have in May?
On Tuesday we celebrated Bill's birthday!
When I asked the boys how old they thought their dad was, Chase guessed 4 (close, I said) then Wesley guessed 84 (even closer, I said)!
We started the birthday festivities with a competitive game of "h-o-r-s-e" on the tramp! Wesley did a flip, thinking he got me - I told him to sit back and watch! I jumped and jumped, higher and higher (convincing myself that I wasn't too old or fat to still pull this off), I was finally in the perfect form to perform my trick - I jumped - tucked - and in mid air I hear Wesley (with complete sincerity and nervousness) say, "You're going to die."! Despite the lack of confidence, from the very creature I brought into this world, I landed unharmed (although, I didn't stick it - the pressure got to me)! When they called me a "h-0" I quit and got my camera!
Jumping with their dad is one of my boys favorite activities and for them, it was the perfect way to celebrate his birthday!
After awhile the tricks turned into wrestling moves
and pile-ups!
and more wrestling and more pile-ups!
and some tickle-torture (breath Reagan, breath)
don't worry - Wesley will save you!
I didn't think they would ever run out of energy and stop but something caught their eye and jumping halted immediately...
cake? presents? dinner?
of course not-
it was a little baby ladybug
who I am hoping survived the dirty paws!
All the fun and games couldn't come without a price - somebody (besides the ladybug) had to get hurt and appropriately it was the birthday boy!
I pointed it out for you just in case you couldn't see the scratch (next time I will remember to cut Chases toe nails before the family-fun-jump) but, those of you who know Bill, KNOW we heard about this awful injury (more than once)! After the (anti flesh eating disease) ointment and butterfly strips were applied, we headed out to dinner!
On the way, Cameron mentioned that we were running out of gas. Bill looked and said we had a full tank. Cameron said, "not our car, the world" and then asked why. Bill explained that we waste a lot of gas and it takes a long time to make (blah, blah, blah - tuned out for about 10 minutes) we will have to utilize some natural gases. Cameron took it all in, and then responded, "like farting?". To Cameron's confusion, that cracked us up - he was all, "what? farting is a natural gas!"
Man, I love these kids - and if farting could get my car moving, these kids (and Bill) would take me places!!
Our night winded down with some cake and presents - it was perfect!
Happy Birthday Billy!
I will leave and hint for all of you - if your husband is OLD and your kids want to put the correct number of candles on the cake, don't make a bundt cake - they don't fit!!
On Tuesday we celebrated Bill's birthday!
When I asked the boys how old they thought their dad was, Chase guessed 4 (close, I said) then Wesley guessed 84 (even closer, I said)!
We started the birthday festivities with a competitive game of "h-o-r-s-e" on the tramp! Wesley did a flip, thinking he got me - I told him to sit back and watch! I jumped and jumped, higher and higher (convincing myself that I wasn't too old or fat to still pull this off), I was finally in the perfect form to perform my trick - I jumped - tucked - and in mid air I hear Wesley (with complete sincerity and nervousness) say, "You're going to die."! Despite the lack of confidence, from the very creature I brought into this world, I landed unharmed (although, I didn't stick it - the pressure got to me)! When they called me a "h-0" I quit and got my camera!
Jumping with their dad is one of my boys favorite activities and for them, it was the perfect way to celebrate his birthday!
After awhile the tricks turned into wrestling moves
and pile-ups!
and more wrestling and more pile-ups!
and some tickle-torture (breath Reagan, breath)
don't worry - Wesley will save you!I didn't think they would ever run out of energy and stop but something caught their eye and jumping halted immediately...
cake? presents? dinner?
of course not-
it was a little baby ladybug
who I am hoping survived the dirty paws!All the fun and games couldn't come without a price - somebody (besides the ladybug) had to get hurt and appropriately it was the birthday boy!
I pointed it out for you just in case you couldn't see the scratch (next time I will remember to cut Chases toe nails before the family-fun-jump) but, those of you who know Bill, KNOW we heard about this awful injury (more than once)! After the (anti flesh eating disease) ointment and butterfly strips were applied, we headed out to dinner!On the way, Cameron mentioned that we were running out of gas. Bill looked and said we had a full tank. Cameron said, "not our car, the world" and then asked why. Bill explained that we waste a lot of gas and it takes a long time to make (blah, blah, blah - tuned out for about 10 minutes) we will have to utilize some natural gases. Cameron took it all in, and then responded, "like farting?". To Cameron's confusion, that cracked us up - he was all, "what? farting is a natural gas!"
Man, I love these kids - and if farting could get my car moving, these kids (and Bill) would take me places!!
Our night winded down with some cake and presents - it was perfect!Happy Birthday Billy!
I will leave and hint for all of you - if your husband is OLD and your kids want to put the correct number of candles on the cake, don't make a bundt cake - they don't fit!!





16 comments:
It looks like the ladybug came along before the tears from things getting too ugly...oh wait, did your husband cry? Mine would have. Babies.
May is crazy birthday month for us, too.
That sounded really mean. So, so, so sorry about the injury.
They must love that trampoline! And we have a lot of May birthdays too.
"you're going to die!" - ha!
glad you didn't. :)
Happy birthday Bill! I love the natural gas comment, Robert said something about 'natural gas' the other day, maybe that's what they are studying in class.
May is a great month to have a birthday!
Looks like fun! I love how everything stopped for the lady bug!
Oh, do you need the RS to bring dinner in - I hope Bill has recovered!
I heaved a sigh of relief when I saw it was a ladybug. I was afraid with all that jumping on the trampoline it was something else. Glad Bill had a great birthday. I can also relate to the complaints I mean comments re:injuries. Brett is the same when something happens to him.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY BILL!!!!!!!
What a perfect way to celebrate!!!!
Happy birthday Bill! I was saddened that I didn't see a picture of you on the tramp, Dede! I'll bring my camera over later and we can get some of you okay? Love the natural gas comments. Makes me feel better when Aidan comes up with these things as well!
Dede, I still have no idea what to get that hubby of yours! Awesome pics btw...
mmmm....what kind of bundt cake IS that!!?
Way to go Dede -- I can't even JUMP on a trampoline. Looks like a fun birthday - Happy Birthday, Bill.
oh dede... i have to tell you in all seriousness, that sometimes when i laugh out loud reading your blog, i suddenly realize that i havent laughed all day and being able to read something that is about someone that i know (and like SO VERY much) and relate to things you are going through too is such a nice part of my day... thanks thanks thanks =)
you reminded me of the last time i did a flip on a trampoline...i was 8 months pregnant with junior and my sister was taking pics of me and kevin sr on my moms trampoline and my mom came running outside freaking out that i was even jumping on it pregnant and all big and awkward lol... and dont worry about wesley saying that "you were gonna die" (hilarious btw) cuz jr thinks i am going to break my neck when i try to stand on his scooter or even when i ride my bike around the neighborhood (i am completely klutzy since i had jr tho, so that may be justified)...
and the "natural gas" conversation? would that have gone different if cameron was your daughter instead of your son? lol
That last picture is priceless. What a fun birthday- I can't believe all those boys!
84-- nice!
Post a Comment