Thursday, April 16, 2009

no pain, no gain...

Some of you may remember this post -
we had a sad little kindergartner, but no longer!!!
He made the chart!!!
On Easter, Wesley let Uncle Danny take a look at his tooth (once Uncle Danny knows the boys have a loose tooth, he has no problem ripping them out - I hear he can't handle doing this to his own girls, but he has pulled all of my boys firsts and quite a few out of his other nephews mouths as well!)! Wesley pouted for about 5 minutes after being tricked (I am pretty sure Danny's exact words were "I am just going to look at it") - freaked out for a minute when he saw that his mouth was full of blood, but after a few swishes, he couldn't quit looking at himself! He didn't really care about the tooth fairy - he just wanted his name on the chart! When he looked under his pillow on Monday morning he just said "oh" and left the money there! Then he got ready for school super fast and was able to show all the kids in his class before the bell even rang!
(wouldn't you know it - his teacher was out of paper teeth so he had to wait until Tuesday to make the chart - he was OK with it, just as long as everyone knew!)Now he shows EVERYONE everywhere we go!!
Each stranger asks him if the tooth fairy left him anything - his response...
no!
(said with head down, looking at shoes, feel sorry for me face)
I explained to the first few horrified strangers that the tooth fairy had indeed left him some money but we haven't been to the store yet to spend it (now I just smile - let them judge!)! I have also tried explaining to Wesley that the tooth fairy did leave him something, but it is like the "loost/lost" conversation all over again, and until he has some wolverine claws in his hand, he will not change his response! But I am not too worried, he hasn't quit smiling since Sunday!!

9 comments:

Bobette said...

YEA Wesley! He reminds me so much of Aidan. I know that probably terrifies you. He is so dang adorable! LOVE the pics! How was Biz Town?

Connie Miller said...

Sometimes waiting for something to happen (tooth on the chart) makes it even more special. Danny should get a commission! Love my smiling Wesley!

rychelle said...

what a cutie.

missing tooth + wolverine hands = a winning combonation.

Alicia Cerva said...

My kids have an uncle who likes to pull teeth too - only he's a dentist! And speaking of tooth fairy, I forgot again last night! At least Megan wasn't too upset. She said that the fairy will come on the second night for sure! I'd better get my act together!

Saralin said...

I love the last picture. He is such a cute kid. You better get those wolverine claws soon.

Annie Miller said...

Yay Wesley! Lookin' good!

Jody said...

Wahoo...so glad he finally made it (and with a few months to spare)! I love these pictures. Wesley is so darn cute!

kat said...

awww those pics just show pure JOY on his face; i love 'em~! glad wesley made the chart~!

Carin Davis said...

he is SOOOOOOOOOOOO cute!!!!!!!!!!