Wednesday, April 8, 2009

lobsters and turtles and beef, oh my...

Last night we went to The Melting Pot to celebrate a friends birthday!
I have always wanted to try it - a place where you can stick everything in cheese and chocolate sounds like heaven to me! We had so much fun! The 3 1/2 hour dinner was filled with wonderful conversation, horrible jokes and lots of laughs! Happy Birthday Kim! Thanks for including us on your night out!
*and thanks Sara for watching the kids
*and thanks Jock for staying outside ALL night while your owner watched a few boys who are afraid of a puppy!
Now I am off to google the recipe for the Flaming Turtle
(milk chocolate, caramel and chopped pecans, flambéed tableside - YUMMM!)

16 comments:

Jillyan said...

We LOVE the melting pot! So delicious! Looks like you guys had a great time.

Anonymous said...

SHA-ZAAAAAAM!!! Holy Bananas! We need to get a Melting Pot in Oregon! Right down the street would be nice....

Roy's family tradition has always been to have a big family fondue party every New Years, and we haven't done that for a while, so thanks for the reminder of how fun it is - and how yummy!

Kristina P. said...

The Melting Pot is so fun, but I've never had it with lobster!

Jodi said...

Great pictures. Thanks for a good time. Can I have those pictures for my scrapbook?

JulyG319 said...

I've been to The Melting Pot once and it was so delicious.
But what's up with the one picture of you having your face covered with either smoke or steam??? We need smoke/steam free pictures of you, woman! ;)

Annie Miller said...

It is a fun place! Glad you got to go. Are you still entertaining family?

Carin said...

what a fun birthday celebration!!!!! I AM SO PROUD OF YOU FOR BRINGING YOUR CAMERA!!!!! the pictures are great!!!!!

rychelle said...

that place is loads of fun.
a little pricey, but loads of fun.

Connie Miller said...

Wow - can I ask for that for my birthday?

Unknown said...

I still haven't made it there!! Looks and sounds YUM! glad you had some fun!!
:)

Kim said...

Thank you! I had an absolutely wonderful birthday!!

Saralin said...

Sounds delicious! Now when I offer to babysit for you again you can't use the dog as an excuse.

peewee said...

YUMMM!!! I wanna go there! I'll be in utah next week :) en route to NY. So stock up on those rice krispies!

And I guess forcing Mick and Maggie on your boys had no effect whatsoever?!

hmmm...maybe I should spend the night this time. with the dogs. in Regans room. that oughtta do it!

Jody said...

Looks like you guys had a blast. We were so sad to miss it! Next time...

Jenn said...

We went there for our anniversary in March! Hated the cheese course, but loved the rest. We had the flaming turtle thing with dark chocolate. Oh my!! I wanted to slurp that up with a straw!!

robin said...

Everything looks great! Any left overs???