Thursday, November 27, 2008

thankful for this day...

We LOVE going to Bill's grandparents on Thanksgiving. Not only do we get to visit with Grandpa and Grandma Great, we also get to play on their 113 acre farm, filled with tractors, animals, old houses, hay to climb, paths to explore and places to hide...pretty much a young boys dream! Not many of us made it this year, but what we lacked in family we made up for in weather. It was a beautiful, cloudy (beware, many pictures ahead) day! I am thankful for this crew! the boys with their sweet niece, Mariana!

Every year Bill is very anal dedicated to watching the turkey fry - he won't leave its side! I am glad it was a nice day so he didn't have to freeze (as he has in the past!)! This was his best turkey yet!! (and as you can see, there was time to play afterwards)

I had so much fun following the boys around with my camera - I love old stuff and am always excited about the "treasures" I can find on the farm!Cameron played with sticks most of the time we where there - and hardly got in trouble (that's what acres and acres give you - space - and much better odds of staying out of trouble - or at least not getting caught!)Reagan was my photo scout. Every 10 minutes he had found another place I could take a picture of him - both of these were his idea (and many many more)!I don't know if you noticed Wesley in the previous pictures - he was a picture PILL today! He ruined many a great group shots with his silly faces and crossed eyes. He couldn't quit laughing after he saw them downloaded (he thinks he is funnier than he really is!)Last Thanksgiving Chase still couldn't walk - this year, he didn't want to come back inside. He loved running in the fields and looking at all the "blue berries" (known to most as goat poop). This little chair he is sitting on is one of the treasures I found - Bill wouldn't let me bring it home (might have to head back up without him!).
We are so lucky to be surrounded by family and to spend precious time with them. I hope you all had as good of a day as we did! Happy Thanksgiving!

16 comments:

peewee said...

first off...GREAT pics!! Second, AWWWWWWW...wish I had been there :) I bet that turkey was good and I can only dream of your rolls!! HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!

Connie Miller said...

Oh boy - what a fun day. THese pictures are great - Reagan had a good eye for spots. I love the pictures of all the boys together - and your family -- and the collage -

JulyG319 said...

Looks like you guys had a fantastic time and you got some fabulous pictures!!! You are a talented photographer. :)

Kristina P. said...

You all look great! What a fun day.

robin said...

great pics! and I love the hats too!! your boys seem much more patient than mine at picture taking. I had to bribe mine with the prospect of dessert to get even a few pictures. sigh....

Renee said...

Wow! That look like such a fun place for the boys to explore. AND, you look gorgeous, it's nice to see a picture of you on your blog! :) How do you get Chase to be so still for a picture? Porter is the wiggliest wiggle worm when he sees my camera!

Anonymous said...

What is it with kids and sticks?

Love the farm shots -- all that stuff about goat poop makes me miss home a little!

Annie Miller said...

Oh my...what great pictures! I love that one of you family where Wesley is pulling his hat down. Hilarious! I LOVE that new one of you with that hat. New profile pic? What a great way to share your day. I think maybe I want to go to granpa's farm sometime. What a great family tradition!

Jodi said...

Great pictures!! Glad that you had a great day. Happy Thanksgiving.

Jody said...

Glad to hear that your Thanksgiving was great. And you look So great in that hat...what a hottie! Love the pictures, as usual. I can't say it enough...you are so talented! I wish I could take pictures like you. I am sure you have the greatest scrapbooks/photo albums!

Kim said...

The pictures are really good!! I love the family one and the one of you.

Saralin said...

Glad you had such a wonderful Thanksgiving. I told Brett that we need to take your family down to the farm for a weekend. Let the kids and dads four wheel for a while then insist on family pictures. There are some great pictures spots there too. I didn't find many but maybe Reagan could help me.

Cori Ann & Donny said...

Your family is so cute!!! I love peeking in on you from time to time. We mother of boys need to stick together.

Racheal said...

I LOVE your family picture!!!And Hello that pic of you in that darling hat...your Gorgeous!!!

Becky Hansen said...

THanks for sharing all your photos, i wish we could have been with you. Maybe next year? Happy Thanksgiving. BTW tell Cameron a gift will be coming, we have not forgot. Happy b-day.

Carin Davis said...

FABULOUS PICTURES!!!!!!
That farm is a picture gold mine! PLEASE take me again! We missed you on Thanksgiving!!!! I am glad you enjoyed a great day!!!!!!