Wednesday, November 26, 2008

last one, I swear...

I realize I have been a little Cameron post crazy - but I have one more
(he has been busy!!). Yesterday we went to the Reflections assembly at the boys school where Cameron was presented with a trophy for winning in the Photography category. (note to self ... help Cameron pick out his clothes next time he is being
presented with an award in front of many people!)

He was really surprised and excited to have won. He didn't really care about entering anything into Reflections to begin with (but I made him, because it gets him one step closer to getting the Distinguished Cub Award at the end of the year - where's the thank you now? huh?)!
His brothers were in the audience cheering for him...Reagan and his buddy "J"
he really was happy for him - really!
Wesley and his friend "C"
he was happy until he saw Cameron walk away with a trophy and realized he wasn't getting one - this was a learning experience for Wes!
(Wesley, along with everyone else - like 450 entries - received a certificate, a few coupons and a zipper pull thing that he thinks is really cool!). This is the picture that Cameron entered. The theme this year is "WOW" - he titled his collage "things that spell out WOW on my way to school"!

9 comments:

Kaylynn said...

Before kids, I worked at an Art Museum. We would take school kids on tours, and on one of the tours we went around photographing things that made letters. I think my favorite was the cross section of rolled up sod, it was in the shape of a little e. Great job Cameron, once again!

Stacy said...

That is a pretty cool picture. Good job Cameron.

Jody said...

I absolutley love Cameron's entry! So creative...I am thoroughly impressed and still wishing he was in my class!

peewee said...

That is sooo cool...did he do that all by himself?? If so, genius artist!!

Anonymous said...

Hey, that is really clever! I think I'm going to suggest this idea to our school, too, so my kids can get an award!

Connie Miller said...

What a fun project. Good job!

Saralin said...

Way to go Cameron!

Annie Miller said...

That is totally wicked!!!! Great job Cameron!

robin said...

Very awesome and creative pictures. I love it!!!! congrats to Cameron for his Reflections award!!!!