Cameron was, once again, very creative in choosing what he wanted his car to look like. He settled for a Christmas tree once Sara and I decided a hot dog would be way too much work (much like his turtle was last year). He went for the more is more look and decorated every spot he could find!
Reagan was very excited to participate in his first Pinewood Derby. He named his car "Skull Rider" before he even started working on it. He loved using the spray paint (which I just remembered I left in the back yard - better go get that before Wesley sprays his name on the back of the house and then blames it on Cameron - like he does with the pencil and the wall)! After his car was completed he said, "I hope I get first place" - that was my cue for the "it's not if you win our loose, it's how good it looks" talk. 
Finally, we were off to the races. Cameron and Reagan were able to race against each other in the first heat. The result...
Cameron's car isn't blurry here because of it's super speed, just bad photography!
They pretty consistently got 3rd or 4th (out of 4) in each heat, which I expected (there are some dads that spend quite a bit of time and energy getting the wheels and the weights and all the other speed stuff just right - I am not that motivated and Bill has yet to touch a car so we I am pretty happy to have it just make it down the track!).
They didn't go home empty handed. Cameron received the "most festive" award and Reagan was honored with the "most realistic" award. The coolest part of the night was the race off between the final two winners. They just happened to be the U of U and BYU cars. They said best out of 3 wins (and predicts the outcome of the big game) - Utah got it done in 2!
GO UTES!!!!





7 comments:
Even though I am a BYU alumnus, I think I might have to jump ship.
Looks like they had a great time!
Yea...C and R!!!!!
I wish I could have been there! I would have LOVED to see a real life pinewood derby race!!!!
I also LOVE that your winner predicted the outcome of a great game!!!
Steve CAN'T WAIT to do this with Jack!!! I think being a part of boy scouts again was the best of having a boy for Steve.
Great job C & R!!!
Bad photography??? Are we looking at the same pictures? Those were awesome--all of them. I LOVE motion blurs. Cameron's car was so creative and I loved Reagans bejeweled headlights--they looked like you had wired lights in them. I was so glad we were able to be there. Nice job boys (I mean Dede!)
Wow, what a race! I'm glad your boys got prizes. Is there some symbolism in the cars?
The cars look great. How did you wire Reagans car with headlights? Congrats Cameron on your arrow of light.
I LOVE your shot from the top of the ramp!!! I think you did a great job helping with cars. Their cars looked great and they looked like they had a lot of fun.
Post a Comment