Friday, November 7, 2008

I like to move it...

Tonight me and the boys went to go see Madagascar 2 (really cute) and on the (8 minute) drive there the conversation in the back seats was ________ (I am not quite sure what words to put in here - cute? funny? innocent? naive? smart? all of the above?) Anyway, here are some tidbits for you...
We were talking about school (Cameron's class in particular - I was trying to get some dirt on another kid in the class - who apparently is clean) and Cameron mentioned that one kid in his class has drank beer and wine. To which, Reagan (in a disappointed voice) said, "Jesus drank wine". Cameron quickly responded by saying (and I SWEAR I quote), "It was acceptable for Jesus to drink wine because he didn't have the modern technology to filter water".
That got me thinking...first off, I am sure Jesus didn't want to show off by filtering his water by stirring it with his finger, and second, I don't think Cameron has ever had a good (old fashion) drink of water - strait out of the tap!
Speaking of old fashion, Cameron (also on the 8 minute drive) was telling me that he tried to to watch Star Wars (which we still have on VHS) but we need a new one because he couldn't watch it anymore - "it is done" he said. I asked him what he meant by done and he said, "you know, it is at the end of the tape". WOW - how could my computer, x-box, remote control, wii genius not know that you can REWIND a tape?? amazing! I am not sure that the kids today could have existed in the 70's!
It is not often that you can get Cameron really talking, but it is totally worth it when you do - he is the perfect mixture of a naive smarty pants!

10 comments:

Kristina P. said...

OK, I didn't even know they were making a Madagascar 2!

Connie Miller said...

Shoot - I was going to ask you today if you, the boys and I could go see it. Cameron is such a "thinker". Remember when I said I didn't know how to rewind a DVD???

Jody said...

Wow! I wish Cameron was in my class! What a smarty! I am amazed how little kids know about the technology of the past. When reading stories or having class discussions on this topic, the kids ALWAYS say, "What is a tape cassette?" Now, that was not so long ago...

peewee said...

A. I feel old
B. HE IS SOOO CUTE! Filtered water! Where does THAT come from? (did you tell him they didn't have filtered water when mommy was in college either?? )
C. Reagan knows someone in his class who has had beer and wine??

Rachel said...

Those are hilarious stories! It's so great that you write these down so you don't forget them- priceless!

Saralin said...

Funny conversations. You are making my head spin changing your blog so often.

Anonymous said...

Hey, since when did videos exist in the 70's? They weren't invented until the eighties, thank you very much!! We're not THAT old yet!

This was absolutely, wet-your-pants funny. I can't believe you managed to capture it so vividly for the rest of us. You HAVE to send this in to REader's Digest or the New Era.

Renee said...

HAHAHAHAHA, that made me laugh my buns off! Rewind...that killed me.

Carin Davis said...

:) I can't wait to hang out with them tomorrow! I promise only to offer wine with filtered water!

Bobette said...

SO hilarious! You crack me up!