Chase likes repetition.
Everyday we go to get Wesley, a little early, so Chase can have the playground to himself (it is really the ideal time to go play, since in the morning and after school their are a hundred or so kids running around and in the evenings the teenage hooligans like to hang there).
We have to follow the same routine every time. He has to have his sippy (full or empty) and right when we get to the bark he hands it to me so I can hold it for him the whole time (I don't think he has ever even taken a sip, but not worth the fit he throws if it is not in tow) When we get there, I almost feel as if I am on a Dora show - he has everything mapped out!
First he goes on the "spinny circle" and spins and spins and spins (every time!).
Next, we head over to the stairs, while he is telling me, "now go to the stairs - now go up the stairs" (every time!)
Then he goes over the "slippery (said as slip-a-bity) bridge".
He always starts out walking and then tells me "be careful on slipabity bridge", and proceeds to crawl the rest of the way over (every time!).
Continuing on his knees, he heads over the "huge giant rock" (carefully as well). This is where sometimes he mixes it up a little - on the other side of the "huge giant rock" are two "big giant slides", which are fun, but it is also fun to "carefully" crawl back over the "huge giant rock" and over the "slipibity bridge" to get to...
the "water slide" (which are the smaller two slides, that one time had a puddle of water on the bottom because of the sprinklers, and will forever more be known as the "water slide").
It takes about 10 minutes to run through the whole production twice (with a constant play by play from Chase) and then Wesley is done with his (very short) day of school. We usually run a quick errand, followed by lunch, and it is off to bed for Chase - he doesn't wake up until all the boys are home and the craziness begins - which makes me appreciate our little routine all the more!
What a sweet kid! I am glad and lucky to have him as my little shadow!
Everyday we go to get Wesley, a little early, so Chase can have the playground to himself (it is really the ideal time to go play, since in the morning and after school their are a hundred or so kids running around and in the evenings the teenage hooligans like to hang there).
We have to follow the same routine every time. He has to have his sippy (full or empty) and right when we get to the bark he hands it to me so I can hold it for him the whole time (I don't think he has ever even taken a sip, but not worth the fit he throws if it is not in tow) When we get there, I almost feel as if I am on a Dora show - he has everything mapped out!
First he goes on the "spinny circle" and spins and spins and spins (every time!).
Next, we head over to the stairs, while he is telling me, "now go to the stairs - now go up the stairs" (every time!)
Then he goes over the "slippery (said as slip-a-bity) bridge".
He always starts out walking and then tells me "be careful on slipabity bridge", and proceeds to crawl the rest of the way over (every time!).
Continuing on his knees, he heads over the "huge giant rock" (carefully as well). This is where sometimes he mixes it up a little - on the other side of the "huge giant rock" are two "big giant slides", which are fun, but it is also fun to "carefully" crawl back over the "huge giant rock" and over the "slipibity bridge" to get to...
the "water slide" (which are the smaller two slides, that one time had a puddle of water on the bottom because of the sprinklers, and will forever more be known as the "water slide").
It takes about 10 minutes to run through the whole production twice (with a constant play by play from Chase) and then Wesley is done with his (very short) day of school. We usually run a quick errand, followed by lunch, and it is off to bed for Chase - he doesn't wake up until all the boys are home and the craziness begins - which makes me appreciate our little routine all the more!
What a sweet kid! I am glad and lucky to have him as my little shadow!





20 comments:
You know, I wish I could be a kid and always take cute pictures.
I saw your pics on Carin's site, and they were beautiful!
What a cute shadow you have there!!! :)
Ooof. That spinny picture just gave me a close shave. I think I really do have a wumbly in my tumbly...
And if Chase is anything like Sophie, he's going to grow up with more pictures of him than of any of his elder brothers at this age. He's so DARN CUTE!!!
Cute post. The spinny circle collage made me dizzy.
I think he's my favorite!
you are lucky and so is he!!!!
i am lovin' you p.s. skills!!!
you captured some perfect smiles and personality!!!
He is such a precious little guy!
UH! that last picture is the CUTEST!!!! And slip-a-bity! Never ever let bill correct him!
Way cute pictures! I love his orange sweater! And the radial blur really makes it look like he's spinning! Nice job!
Hey - I love your family pictures too on Carin's blog! They turned out great!
oh my...he is a doll! Love the "spinny" pictures. And, I too checked out Carin's blog. Is that field in Herriman? The pictures are amazing!
So much fun. I love that you have that time every day. I don't have a baby at home any more and am a little jealous.
Very cute pictures of Chase.
He has the sweetest face.
Is he the happiest kid, or what? What a great routine!
You guys look so good in orange! Very cute!
Dede - I love your pictures! You've got skills, sister!
That last picture...? SO CUTE!! I don't think you could get away with not kissing those cheeks! He's adorable.
Nice! What a cutie. I am going to give him a big kiss in two weeks! Just tell him to get ready. Nice spins :)
Really Dede, he is too cute for words! Please make another one!!!
testing123...testing123
:)
That is wonderful. But I think you show your age when you call the teenagers "hooligans!!". Seriously, don't embarrass me!
thanks for all the sweet comments!
Renee - no, the field is on the way to Copperton
Emily - you can rent him any time you feel the need
mom - yes
Tiff - I'll pass, but you go ahead!
Kim - maybe you haven't seen the same "teenagers" I have!
Post a Comment