Tuesday, October 14, 2008

a little proof...

Today we went to Thanksgiving Point and because the purpose of this blog is to record the going ons of my family (at least that is why I tell Bill it is important for me to spend time -read as hours - blogging) ...you will have to hear about it (but if you stay and read about our little trip, I will tell you a funny conversation Wesley and I had on the way up - who needs giveaways when you have Wesley!)
here is my cute little skeleton (or, in his words "spooky pirate") - equipped with blue "spooky" lips and all (thanks to the push pop Wesley gave him - how do you photoshop blue lips anyway??)

Chase fed the goats, blah, blah, blah (remember funny story ahead) rode the "horsey" - I know you think "been there, done that", but when my
older two saw this picture, they were like "no fair, why did you go when we
were at school" AS IF I don't have a picture of them doing this very thing
(probably on this very horse) every year for the first 6 years of their lives!
See, that is one more reason to blog - if Wesley tries to pull that poor me stuff
(which we all know he will) all I will have to do is click on the "Wesley" label and
BAM - "oh, here you are on the horse - again" - that is why every event must
be posted and documented with pictures!! We hung out with some cute friends - and their cute mom's of course - which I am guessing would probably rather not be pictured, unlike me...

here I am, not the llama, but inside her beautiful eye - actually it is probably a boy, girls never have gorgeous eyelashes like that - someone should market those...

and speaking of animal cruelty, what in the world???
hurry - something cute again...

ahh, that's better! and the best part of the trip...

the drive home
which reminds me of the funny story teaser (which was a true teaser, cause it isn't that funny, but it was worth telling you that so you would make it all the way to the end - otherwise you wouldn't have got to see that chicken/roostery thing!)
Here is a snippet of our conversation on the way to Thanksgiving Point...

Wes - mom, you don't want to get any gas
Mom - why not?
W - because when you get gas, it makes you fart ALOT!
M - oh (totally thought he was talking about the other kind of gas)
W - I had gas once (pause, deep in thought)
W - but I gave it to Aidan (another long pause)
W - (softly and kinda to himself) I have never heard Aidan fart.
thank you, thank you very much!

13 comments:

Jody said...

Thanks again for the fun day and the awesome pictures! Wesley seems to have a lot of knowledge about gas. He informed us today that smelling cows will also give you gas...maybe it was Wesley we were all smelling...
I cannot wait for these conversations with Braxton. You can tell Bill that your blog is also helping friends who have little boys prepare for what lies ahead...

Anonymous said...

Aaaaah, cute kids.

Grrrrrosssssssss, pathetic poultry.

And was that 'giveaway' comment meant to be directed at any one in particular? 'Cause if you'd rather not, I could easily/ accidentally leave someone's name out of the basket.

Seriously, I know it's just bribery, and I only do giveaways to make me feel better about myself--that all these people that I normally never hear from actually care about what I write about (in addition to the people who do care, of course.)

Whatever. I'm sending you moose munch for Christmas. To make us both feel better.

Annie Miller said...

Awesome pics once again! Nasty pollo. Clever story. Cute kids :)

Carin Davis said...

Seriously cute kids...and cute pictures!

Saralin said...

We went to a restaraunt called El Pollo Loco in California, that THING could be their mascot. Looks like everyone had a good time. When are you going to take cute pictures of my kids?

Jodi said...

I went down there yesturday too. Sorry that I missed you there. Looks like you had fun.

Connie Miller said...

Great pictures (again). I'm getting so I don't have enough adjectives to write. I'm glad you're recording events - and we get to enjoy now. I know now why "mouse" was used in our house.

Kim said...

That was fun!! When is our next photo shoot-- I mean fun trip with the kids.

Kristina P. said...

Your whole family are very talented photographers!

And did you kidnap my nephew for that fart joke?

peewee said...

WOW! That poor chicken! Guess budget cuts are happening at T.Point. The economy is even getting the chicks. sad. sad.

Bobette said...

Are you speaking of MY Aidan or some other Aidan I am not aware of? You obviously do not spend enough time with him if you think he never farts. Just FYI.

Shauna said...

Adorable pictures! Thanks for sharing :)

robin said...

cute pics. I kind of felt like that chicken after my last haircut. sigh. I need it fixed.