Sunday, October 12, 2008

life...

despite my protests and much to the boys excitement the snow came! But as the overly optimistic saying goes... when life gives you lemons, make lemonade
(really? can't we do better than that?) How about... when life gives you snow, make snow cones when life gives you cocoa, make brownies when life gives you tomatoes, make salsa
(you thought I was going to say bloody mary, huh?) when life gives you milk, make milkshakes
(I should of had dinner before I started this post!)when life gives you railroad tracks, (look both ways) and tell your kid to hop on! when life gives you the finger...it better be followed by this goofy (I never get in trouble) smile!when life Carin gives you a challenge, make use textures!! As you can see, our gloomy morning turned into a fun mommy and me time with sweet Wesley. We had a blast climbing, hiking and eating snow - the older two were actually jealous and wanted to know when they could have their picture taken (I love it when I trick my kids into wanting what I want them to want!)
So now, the first snow excitement is over and we have the crappy winter ahead!
-unoptimistic me, signing off!

18 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Those pictures are so cute! And your son is completely adorable. Love his little tie and sweater vest!

Kaylynn said...

You are very talented photographer. Love to be able to take lessons from you. Kaylynn

Alicia Cerva said...

Great pictures Dede! Wesley looks adorable, and I love the textures!

Anonymous said...

Can someone please tell me why pictures by the railroad tracks are in such high demand these days? I was always taught to stay away from that sort of danger! (Look both ways, indeed...)

And to answer your question, no, it's not who I think you think it is. Stay tuned! ;)

Rachel said...

Where are these railroad tracks Dede? I would love to know so I can take photos there sometime!

Carin Davis said...

I LOVE THESE PICTURES!!!
The outfit is AWESOME! FABULOUS use of textures! I need some of these for myself!!!

Annie Miller said...

Will you or Carin please pick the outfits out for my Christmas cards? I LOVE these pictures...especially the "finger" one. That is just too funny. Nice work!

Saralin said...

The pictures are great! I'm proud of you for making the best of the winter weather. The weather report said next week should be warm.

Kim said...

You are getting so good at this!! I should never underestimate you!

Bobette said...

Dede, these are so awesome! Didn't expect to get the finger this morning. Love his outfit!

Connie Miller said...

I LOVE these pictures of Wesley- I love the GQ one with one foot on the rail. -- and his infectious smile. You're getting so good --

peewee said...

WHY? couldn't it have snowed when I was there???
waaaaaaa. I'm always the victim.
Also your photography is gettin' good!
also, you're in TROUBLE when wesly is like 16...he's already working the camera....imagine when he starts working the girls?!!?

robin said...

way way way too cute!!! I love the pictures and the textures. He knows he's cool too!

Jody said...

Absolutely love the pictures! You are so talented, and of course, Wesley makes a photographer's job easy! I definitely need a nicer camera and lessons from you! And that outfit...what can I say...watch out ladies, Wesley is coming!!!

Tammy Taylor said...

Those pictures are great! I've got to learn how to use my camera!

Jodi said...

Cute pictures but you know that Rick would have to say something that your having your kid sit on railroad tracks. Right?

Joeinne said...

Great pictures Dede. I never realized how much Wesley looks like Kate. Especially the picture of him with his foot on the railroad track! Love that one!

Kristi Veale said...

Your sister Carin told me that you use Photoshop Elements. I need to know how to do textures with elements.