Friday, October 10, 2008

dedenial - that's my name, don't wear it out...

I am unwilling to accept that winter is coming - completely ignoring the fact that it is suppose to snow tomorrow - refusing to turn on my heater (because that would be giving in and that "first time you turn on the heater" smell would be a constant reminder) - sitting in my basement with 3 shirts and a light sweatshirt on (no jackets, that too, would show signs of defeat) - disregarding the upcoming weather forecast (Sat - hi 40, Sun - hi 37) - I will not finish harvesting my garden or cut down my flowers...however, Murphy's Law has an uncanny ability to constantly laugh in my face SO maybe if I crank the heater, winterize my yard, grab a cozy blanket and sit and wait...the snow won't come, it will stay warm! However...if Murphy knows you are doing these things on purpose to contradict him, does he throw the Law at you in the opposite form? probably.
Trying to stay optimistic, Chase and I decided to go to the park - to of course let him play, but more importantly to work on
Carin's October Photo Challenge (textures)!

It was freezing!!! For the first 3 minutes Chase didn't care about the weather and happily ran around...

he was so excited to go down the slide and play on the swingsuntil about minute 4 -then he realized his hands were frozen and he couldn't touch any of the equipment and the air was much to cold on his face when swinging back and forth

by minute 8 - this is what I was dealing with. Needless to say, in 12 minutes total time, we drove to the park, played, drove back home and were sitting on the couch warming up hands!
I took a total of 18 pictures (and accidentally deleted one) - just in case you were wondering, that is not worth a freezing cold trip to the park!!! However, I love a good challenge, so I played around with the pictures I captured abusingly took, with this free texture!
(I have a feeling that this won't be the last textured picture you see from me this month - it is fun, addictingly so!)

16 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Utah weather is crazy! The only good thing about my husband being out of town this weekend is that I can crank up the heater as high as I want, without him whining every two seconds about how hot it is.

peewee said...

I was JUST there last week!! And it was TOO HOT! Why couldn't I be there THIS week? I LOVE cold!!! (you'd think I would then understand Bella's attraction to edwards "icy" lips) (but no, ICK) That sounds fun :( I wanna snuggle up in your basement with hot chocolate and you doing my pictures on your computer!!

Annie Miller said...

Those are awesome! You're really a pro. I LOVE them. Thanks for sharing the link too. I'm excited to try it out.

Anonymous said...

I like those pictures of the Chaser man!

Dad(Bob)

Anonymous said...

I love picture #2 and #3 -- perfect expressions hiding under that adorable cap -- and I love what that cap does for his 'do!

Carin Davis said...

I am with you on the cold weather...BUT I have my heater on! It is cranked up! Love the textures! I can't believe how many great shots you got in 12 minutes!!!! They are all GORGEOUS!!!

Connie Miller said...

I love these pictures - looks like you've already got it down. Love No. 2 and 3. He's adorable -- it must have been fun snuggling on the couch. That's something great about cold weather!

Alicia Cerva said...

Nice job with the textures! I've tried a few, but I'm not in love yet! Maybe I just don't have the right photo yet. Did you buy the hat yesterday? It was fun running into you everywhere! I ended up returning Aryn's jeans! But the boys loved their shirts!

Bobette said...

Love your pictures and textures! Thanks for all the help with mine yesterday! You rock!

Racheal said...

He is just the cutest thing ever!!Great pictures...

P.S I feel ya on the weather change...So sad I'll have to put my flip flops away....I know, I know...But hey that's cold for Cali!

Renee said...

I love that texture on those pictures! I haven't gone to that park for so long, that might be a good change. You take awesome pictures, Chase is so cute. I love the one with his staitic hair! (except for the sad face)!

Rachel said...

I love this post's title. So clever! Ugh... winter again? Wasn't it just here? Where did summer go? I swear we skipped it.

Saralin said...

18 good pictures in 12 minutes, that is great. I wish I had those odds.

robin said...

fantastic pictures!!! I am an elements idiot!!! even with your help it didn't transfer to the time I got home. I need a manual!!!

{Le Petit Poulet} said...

These are gorgeous! Love the texture and adore that last pic with the crazy hair.
I'm making taco soup tonight YUM thanks for the receipe!!Any other crock pot yummys you want to send my way feel free :)

Cristi said...

I hate winter, too. Maybe you should move back by us in CA where it's more mild! :)