I mentioned awhile back (here) that Cameron was one of the winners, in his category, in the reflections program. We went to the award ceremony for the next level (15 schools) - Cameron was excited and nervous!
He kept saying things like...
some people cry when they don't win
look how many kids are here
& I hope there are still prizes left when I go up
It turns out, he didn't go on to the next level, but he did get a participation certificate and chose a little penguin as his prize AND he knows that I am proud of him!! Since it was just the two of us, we decided to get some ice cream on the way home. We were having fun UNTIL he forgot some things about THIS conversation and needed some refreshing! (he now knows about periods too - why doesn't he just ask about Santa - I am prepared for that!!)
He kept saying things like...some people cry when they don't win
look how many kids are here
& I hope there are still prizes left when I go up
It turns out, he didn't go on to the next level, but he did get a participation certificate and chose a little penguin as his prize AND he knows that I am proud of him!! Since it was just the two of us, we decided to get some ice cream on the way home. We were having fun UNTIL he forgot some things about THIS conversation and needed some refreshing! (he now knows about periods too - why doesn't he just ask about Santa - I am prepared for that!!)





5 comments:
Congrats Cameron on Reflections. Good luck with the period thing. I am just starting to get questions about all of that and my girls are 6 and 4.
Congrats Cameron! That is really awesome! And good luck to Dede on the hard questions! :)
Your blog makes me laugh!!! Congrats to Cameron! I am not looking forward to explaining all of that to my boys. I guess I'm sort of prepared. Rob grew up with all brothers and he knew nothing about periods. I even had to show him how a tampon worked when we were engaged.
Fun to have time with Cameron! Glad he feels comfortable ASKING the questions! Love you both tons.
Great job Cameron!!!!!!!!! I love that you took pictures of his fingers crossed!!!!
Post a Comment