Thursday, January 22, 2009

2 steps back, 1 step forward...

Wesley is slowly loosing his status as my favorite child.
He has been teetering for awhile, but it looks as if he is heading downhill.
For instance...
step back: "Mom, I wish you worked all day so I could ride the bus home." (the bus he is referring to is the daycare bus that picks up some of the other kids from kindergarten - and sometimes I wish he could ride it too!)
back: "We need to send Chase somewhere so we can get a dog. A live dog."
forward: "You are the bestest mom in the world."
back: "I didn't hurt Chase THAT hard." (don't mess with the up and coming fav!!)
back: Wes - I will love you if you take me to McDonald's.
Me - what if I don't take you?
Wes - then I won't love you (so, of course, I took him!)
forward: he smiled - oh, that smile gets me!
back: he strategically hid all of his folded laundry under the couch in the front room - I didn't notice until we had company!
back: he wrote his name on the wall again, and blamed it on Chase, again (although the new favorite is a genius, he has only been working on his own name, not Wesley's!)
forward: when he fell off of the kindergarten playground yesterday and hurt his hand, he ran to me and (with his back to his classmates) asked me to kiss his hands!
back: "This is the WORST dinner you have ever made! but, it's kinda good."
back: "Your hair doesn't look so good like that!"
forward: I am kinda running out of the forward steps - case in point!
*note to boys - my favorite child is more like a favorite stage. I love kids in the 2-5 range! Therefore, you have ALL at one time been the favorite kid. I am not quite sure what will be my favorite "stage" once Chase is out of the range, but I suggest you start working now to let it be you your stage! Best of luck - love, mom

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Priceless. I know very few women who can look at all the negative stuff that comes with boys....uh, childhood....and still find humor.

And I love the picture. What texture did you use? It's a great look!

Kaylynn said...

I always thought Chase was your favorite! Fun post.

Anonymous said...

I love the disclaimer at the end to your boys!!! Your post made my day! At least Wesley is always there for entertainment...never a dull life again!
xo

Carin Davis said...

p.s. I love the picture and texture too!!!!!!

rychelle said...

i always knew my little brother was the favorite. my mom didn't have to write a letter. ;)

that really is a great pic!

honeypiehorse said...

Very cute. I just popped over to say that I loved your comment on the naked guy hanging from the ski lift. I would so too find a way to get back in that chair!!!

Annemarie said...

hee hee. I am seriously laughing so hard right now because it is SO TRUE!!! Poor kids, they just don't get it, it takes very little to be the fav.

peewee said...

HAHAHHAHAHHAHA! OH I love him! But tell him next time that you need to get rid of REGAN for the live dog to happen :)

peewee said...

and PS....I personally believe that his wanting a dog was totally influenced by the quality time he spent with MY two perfect dogs!!

Saralin said...

You can "send Chase" to my house and I will "send Jock" to your house. Very funny post.

April said...

You can always get the dog and have it accidentally show up in your neighbor's yard if you don't like it!

PS-It only gets worse....they grow up to become teenage boys! muwahahaha!!!!

Annie Miller said...

HOw do you remember all that stuff. I sit at my computer and think to myself, now what did Braden and Grace say today that was funny. I can never remember. I am impressed!

Annie Miller said...

...and like Carin, I LOVE the texture and picture. Priceless!

Jason, Tiff and the Kids said...

I will help you out...your next favorite stage will NOT be 13-18!!!

Connie Miller said...

So funny! He'll make you so proud when he's an athlete - waving to his Mom! I too love this picture.

Jenn said...

That is so funny, just the other day I was looking through my christmas cards and I thought that is so wierd, I never got one from Dede this year. I am so glad you could read mine!! It was probably buried in the snow for at least a month! Love the pictures on your blog, you are good. I would love to be able to take good pictures, but sadly that is not one of my talents. I am excited to be able to read about your family!!