Thursday, March 13, 2008

wash and repeat...


my kids have the cleanest clothes of anyone i know.

NOT because i have the latest 4 cu. foot capacity
front loading machine
NOT because i buy the best laundry detergent
NOT because i am very careful to spot check all items before washing &
NOT because my boys are all so careful to not
get dirt or food on them
BUT
because i wash and fold their clothes and then ask them to put them away - then they put them in their messy rooms - then i tell them to clean their pits and in order to do this they put all the clothes they find in their hamper - then i wash and fold their unworn clothes again - i ask them to put them away - they carelessly toss them in their war zones - i tell them to clean the pigsty they live in - they put all the clothes scattered about in the hamper - i wash and fold their clothes - then i feel inspired to clean their disastrous rooms and put the clothes away so they can be worn once again.


now back to laundry

8 comments:

Annie Miller said...

I still do that. I even know I have to wash a fold them. But when you're straightening...it's just the fastest way. Guilty!

Connie Miller said...

Here we go round the "merry-go-round" early in the morning!

Carin said...

that is where Ellie learned that! hahaha!! she did this on Monday!!

Unknown said...

Reminds me of some kids I knew at one time.......dad

Jason, Tiff and the Kids said...

Dede...don't think they will grow out of it either!!! It gets worse as teenagers!
Tiff

Kim said...

Oh so I am not the only one whose kids make more work for her than is humanly possible to accomplish!

Renee said...

That is so hilarious...glad to know our home isn't the only one doing this. Weldon often fills up the hamper with "dirty" clothes, rather clothes he just doesn't want to put away. (I have been known to do it too!) :)

Annemarie said...

Oh, so true! I've contemplated teaching mine how to do the laundry...not too sure if that is a good idea, or a bad idea...